Part Twenty: Sweet Justice

The news about Leo's fucked up business hit the world in a hot fiery blaze. He and Aidan- along with several other were publicly shamed and sentenced for life in prison on not only sex trafficking charges, but as well as kidnap, attempted murder, and much much more. Emma was a champ in the sense that she endured going to trials and telling her side to the story- despite the personal information needing to be shared- everyone continued to love Emma and if it wasn't half the world loving her like before- it was the whole world now.

Howie, Britney and the other celebs they had taken were set free and the gratitude from them has yet to stop.

The news crews from all over the world were eating mine and Emma's story and everything seemed to be going perfectly.

But Emma could rest easy at night until it was officially over with. Her rage for Leo was not dulled even after they convicted him and out him away. She went after everything of his and frankly I'm hoping when she gets it- cause no doubt she will- it will satisfy her anger towards him.

It took a good year for everyone involved to be put to trial and found guilty. L'Barre was closed down for good after everything and people seemed to be okay with it...well, all except the billionaires who went there for all things illegal and a good meal. 

So as Christmas approaches and we get closer to saying goodbye to 2021- I'm relieved to say Emma and I lasted this passed year despite the odds.

"What are you working on now? You realize it's two in the morning and you've yet to come to bed?" She says as she comes down stairs and wraps her arms around my neck. Sitting at my computer desk, I quickly close the tab before she can look at it. "What are you hiding?"

"Porn. Looking at porn is all." I lie and she pulls my swivel seat back and sits on my lap.

"Well...let's find something good- shall we?" She smirks and honestly- she ceases to surprise me. Opening up the internet, she goes to type in my search bar and I'm not quick enough to remember that if she goes to type- it'll pop up with current searches.

"Let's not actually. I couldn't find anything good anyway- so let's just go all natural upstairs." I say and she fights me on it.

Of course she fights me on it."

"What don't you want me to see? If it's a weird fetish- I could be down."

"No! It's not! It's just..." Too late.

Hitting the search bar, she notices what I've recently searched.

How old is too old to be a father?

"Tom?"

"Let's just go upstairs." Beneath that search is another question I regret.

How to convince woman to have baby?

Should I be married before I have kids?

What's wrong with me wanting children right away?

"Tom..." Her voice is soft and nurturing. I get up, forcing her off my lap and I head upstairs.

It's been all I could think about lately.

Okay, not just lately. Since Emma and I finally got together.

Maybe I am feeling the pressure to have kids.

"Hey! Wait! Come back here!" She calls and I hear her coming up the stairs behind me. Going to my bedroom, she grabs my hand and tugs back on me to stop me. "Will you stop."

I do so and look at her. Her brown orbs searching mine curiously, as a soft smile tries to sympathize with me.

"What's wrong?"