Part 7: A Long Time

***Present Day- January 2nd, 2021**

A year.

A whole year.

With out her in my life.

Everyday had grown heavier than the last and it slowly pushed me down deeper into my pit.

I regret that night.

Screaming in her face and tell her to let me go. The sheer pain in her eyes still haunts me and yet I have done nothing to make it right.

My live videos on Instagram have been a decent enough outlet to quell my depression from time to time- but most days that pit in my chest just expands.

I missed her birthday.

Not sending a text or anything.

I've tried all I can to get her out of my mind, but I'm afraid she bore a whole right through me.

Ding Dong!

"Willow, don't bark, Darling. I heard the door. Don't need to shout." I call to her as I leave my computer. I'd just got off a call with my Mum. Bless her heart it took her a while to figure out how to get the damn program to work. 

The new house is still littered with packed boxes and trash bags of clothes and what not. It makes it hard to maneuver my way to the door. Such a hinderance.

"Okay Wills.Okay! I'm here. I can get the do..." Looking through the window on my door, I find Emma standing on the other side of it. Continuing to bark, Willow can't stop wagging her tail because she knows who's on the other side.

She's here.

Raising her hand up, she shyly waves and weakly smiles and honestly, she looks unhealthy.  You can see her cheek bones a bit more and she has growing frown lines near her lips.

She's still beautiful though.

Opening the door after finding my strength, Willow nearly knocks her onto her arse.

"Willow. No. Bad girl." I grab at her collar and pull her inside as I step out- shutting the door behind me. "Sorry about her. She don't usually do that."

"Haha...it's alright..." She readjusts her bag on her shoulder and the awkward silence fills the air. "Bonnie...gave me the address...I hope you don't mind."

"What are you doing here, Emma?" It's so hard not to be defensive because she has hurt me more than anyone else ever has and I hate to think that I hurt her too.

"I wanted to tell you I'm sorry."

"Didn't have to fly all the way here to tell me that." I snap slightly.

"Tom, it's been a year..."

"Yeah...I know."

"Well...don't...don't you think it's time we..."

"What? Did you and Leo break up already?" Her mouth drops and yeah, I feel bad I said it- but I won't apologize for it.

"Tom..."

"Listen- I'm breaking this...this pathetic cycle we've created. The one where you only come around and want to be near me when your last relationship doesn't pan out. I'm sorry- I can't do it any more." I say and turn to go inside- until I hear her crying. "Oh stop acting, Emma. You don't have to convince me you're a good..."

Turning to look at her- those aren't fake tears. They're real and the look on her face is too.

Examining her face a bit more- she's heavy on the make up- which isn't like her. Walking up to her, I lick my thumb and wipe the foundation from the right side of her face and I step back in disgust.