Part 16: A Dinner

"Why have we come here?" I ask as Leo parks the car outside of L'Barre- a restaurant with infamous rumors circulating around it.

"Dinner with a potential client- my Dear. So be on your best behavior. Then again- I know I don't need to remind you of that." He says as he adjusts his tie while looking in the rear view mirror- his long hair pulled back into a tight bun while his glasses catch the taillights of the car in front of us being taken by valet. "Ready?"

He doesn't wait for my answer before getting out of the Porsche and walking around the front of it, handing a young man his keys as he goes. Opening my door, he extends his hand and I don't take it.

"Come on, Emma. If you behave like a good girl- I may change my mind on a few things." Feeling his impatience growing, I take his hand and he helps me from the car. My arse still hurts from the branding- despite two weeks having passed. I would have thought that the pain would at least subside, but it hasn't.

Walking into the lavish restaurant- where the high ceilings are adorned with moody chandeliers that illuminate the rooms with a dimly lit aura- and the black marble floor catches the slight glow off of them- I feel like I've been lead to the devil's lair. Deep red painted walls make the whole place feel smaller and unwelcoming. The wait staff is dressed in all black with a crimson neck tie adding the only pop of color to them.

There's a reason very few celebrities associate with L'Barre and frankly I wish I wasn't here right now. It gives me the creeps and makes my skin crawl.

"Ah, Mr. Robinton has arrived. How lovely. Show him to his private room." A manager says to an underling- who follows directions to a T. Leo keeps a firm grasp on my hand as we walk passed several full tables packed with socialites of all ages and races. Keeping my eyes down, I avoid eye contact with everyone.

"Your private room, Sir. You guest has already arrived." Guest? Oh right- his potential client. What sick person will he be doing business with tonight?

"Thank you- for you troubles, Sir." He tips the waiter a hundred dollar bill and we enter to find that thin black haired bearded man I passed leaving Leo's office. He's tailored in all black dress clothes, with the top button popped open slightly. When he smiles- something feels odd about him. As though, I have met this man before and I don't mean just in passing. "Ah, Carter- so nice to see you made it."

"I apologize for being early, Sir. I rather be fashionably early for my business meetings...and who might this lovely young woman be that's accompanying you this evening. I thought it was a private business dinner." He bites slightly and Leo releases my hand and unbuttons his blazer.

"This is my fiancé- Emma Watson. You may know her from a little franchise called Harry Potter."

"Ah...I thought she looked familiar. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Watson." He extends his hand and I look at Leo, who nods in approval. Taking his hand, I shake it and look deep into his eyes. They seem...so...so familiar. His touch feels familiar.

"Pleasure, Mr. Carter."

"Josh as it is, Miss. Watson." He says charmingly.

"Where are you from?" I ask curiously enough. I must know him.

"Atlanta Georgia originally." Maybe not. Maybe he just has one of those faces.

"Shall we sit down- I took the liberty of ordering our courses ahead of time so we have little time to waste." I look at Leo, who gestures to a seat at the table. Josh pulls my seat out for me and I politely oblige. Once the men are seat, Leo removes his glasses and looks Josh over intently. "Tell me a bit about yourself, Carter."