Part 14: The Unspoken Truth

What was that?

I mean, what the Hell was that?!

He doesn't want me?

He doesn't love me?

He never wants to see me again?!

But it wasn't more than a couple hours ago he said so many sweet things. He said he could wait to see me.

What if....what if he couldn't wait to see me because of that?

Because he had to tell me he no longer cared- that he made a mistake.

No!

No, I refuse to believe any of that.

Something's up with him. I know it. There's no way there isn't. The way his voice cracked and he refused to look at me. If he meant it- he would have looked me in the eye and yelled and screamed.

But he didn't.

He was upset and scared to say all those things.

"Are you sure you're going to go back home now? I mean- what about Tom?"

"He said he didn't want me any more- so I'm going."

"I don't understand- what happened?"

"I don't know Bonnie. But I'm sure as Hell gonna find out. I just need a few days- gather some information and what not." I say as I pack my things up from Tom's place. "Can you find my other heel? It seems to be missing."

"What color?"

"Red." She begins looking all around as I push my outfits down deep into the luggage.

"Hey Em—."

"Yeah?"

"Does Tom smoke?"

"No- why do you ask?" She comes back in with a lighter in her hand and shows it to me. Tungsten steel and an odd symbol in the middle of the one side. "Where'd you find that?"

"Just on the floor in the living room. Near the front window."

"Just laying there?"

"Yeah. Weird isn't it? If a person keeps a lighter- it would usually be in the kitchen or fireplace area. Not in the middle of the floor."

"Well, this isn't his light any how."

"How do you know?"

"Because I lit a candle the other day and he handed me a mini flame thrower one that looked like a gun....cause he's a child." I clarify and examine the weird symbol that seems so familiar but I can't place it. "I've seen this symbol before- Bonnie. I just can't remember where."

"Yeah....me too I think."

"I'm going to take this home with me and do some digging. Whoever broke into Tom's home dropped this and it obviously means something." Zipping up my bag, I look at her and then at the huge mess that was made. "Huh....we had just got this whole place spotless and organized."

"Well- not your problem- now is it?"

"I guess not. Did you find my heel?"

"No- I looked everywhere."

"Alright. I guess it doesn't matter anyway."

We leave his home and I head to the airport to go home. In my mind- I keep going over why Tom would be acting the way he had. Who ever owns that lighter must've scared him fairly well if he doesn't want me around.

Unless, he and the person who own the lighter are actually friends and the guy and him had a fight.

No- Tom doesn't fight.