C H A P T E R 3 3

I was cut off as Karl placed his hand on mine, "Okay, okay. Calm down drama queen. You're right, just let him have some time to come around, you guys go well together, he'll give in eventually," he said with a almost unnoticeable sad smile playing on his face.

I let out a breath I've been holding and sent him a smile, "Thank you, Karl," he nods before we continued on, talking about other random things.

The rest of the night we just spent as friends, enjoying each other's company, not giving a single damn about anything else.

And just for a moment, everything seemed perfect.

------------------------------------

The next few days, Karl slowly started flirting with me again. Since he claimed that, "If Alex is gonna act petty then I might as well flirt with you and get an advantage wink wonk,"

I wasn't really fazed by it honestly, I found it quite funny. He started with a pickup line,

"Did it hurt when?" he looks at me, winking. "Karl.. you don't say the when-" I was cut off by him shushing me as I chuckled.

"I'm not like other guys! Now answer the question," he said as I rolled my eyes, "When what?"

"When you fell from heaven? Ooh got 'em!" he said loudly, grinning.

I replied once he had calmed down, with a grin on my face, "No, but I think I scrapped my knee climbing from hell,"

Karl gaped at that as I tried to contain my laughter upon wanting to hear what he says next.

"No fair.. how could you ruin this for me.." he said mumbling and sulking as he did.

I let out a laugh, "Oh please- that pickup line is SO overrated, you couldn't expect me to not be prepared,"

He raises an eyebrow at me, tensing as he does so, "So your saying you've had someone else use that line on you?"

I shook my head furiously, "No! Well er- not with any romantic intentions. You know how Schlatt and Carson are with their bits," I replied as he believes it, relaxing slightly.

He grinned at me childishly, "Well I certainly had romantic intentions there!" causing me to be caught off guard and let out an awkward cough.

Karl laughs at me while I blushed, not expecting him to be THAT straightforward.

And so, that's how I came to be unfazed by him flirting for the next few days.

Besides THAT happening, I haven't streamed the next few days either. Karl was concerned but I shrugged it off saying I just needed a break.

In reality, I was honestly just afraid of how chat would react and all the questions I'd be asked. Like- I've even seen a rumour on Twitter going around about the "real" reason Alex had to leave, it was honestly quite stupid.

Karl had handled the situation maturely, but it's different for me since I am half the reason Alex left.

As for Alex, he still streamed and stuff, although he'd look a bit lost in his thoughts whenever he was streaming alone, okay I'll admit, I've been keeping up with some of his streams.

Karl had convinced me to at least join other people's streams, and to which I did. I joined Tommy's streams and spent time with him in exile, although Dream was not all too pleased about it, I still did it anyway, mostly to annoy him.

I also spent time with Ranboo, Tubbo and Fundy. And to which I found Karl sulking on the couch one day after the stream, probably because of what happened that day,

"Hey, Y/N. So- uh- say I'm gonna go on a Love Or Host. Like- as an example. Would you.. sign up?" he asked, trying to play it cool.

"Woah, Fundy. Are you trying to like- imply something there?" asked Tubbo as we all let out a laugh.

"No! I was just curious! Since I was thinking of doing one," he said as I raised an eyebrow, although he couldn't see it.

I chuckled before answering, "I'd join your Love Or Host Fundy, I'm your friend after all,"

"J-Just friends?" he said, I rolled my eyes, chuckling. The chat freaking out over the bit.

"I feel like me and Ranboo are interrupting something," said Tubbo making us all laugh,

"Yeah.. and hey, Fundy. Curiosity killed the cat- or er in this case, the fox," said Ranboo as everyone except Fundy laughed.

Fundy groaned before answering, "Yeah yeah, reaalll funny. So anyways, Y/N-"

Fundy was interrupted as Karl bursted into my room, "Give me that!" he said as I raised an eyebrow and instead handed him another set of headphones so that I'd be able to hear the call too.

"Hey! Back off my Minecraft girlfriend!" he said causing us all to chuckle.

"Woah there, chief. Since when was she your Minecraft girlfriend?" asked Fundy, causing Karl to scoff and say proudly,

"Since after she went on a Minecraft date with me after MY Love Or Host," he flashed me a grin, which caused me to blush slightly.

"Yeah- the one she HOSTED you on!" exclaimed Fundy, causing Tubbo to let out an "Ooh!" while Ranboo just said, "Yikes, that must've hurt," Karl just lets out a laugh.

Before he could reply, I said, "Well first off, SHE can speak for herself. Second, just because Karl's gonna nag me all day on the fact that I chose Host means that I might choose Host on your Love Or Host now," I said smugly, as Karl raised an eyebrow at me,

"Wait- so you were gonna choose Love?" asked Fundy as I grinned, "Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't,"

"Dang, you really dug yourself into a grave here Fundy," said Ranboo as Tubbo laughs in agreement,

"Ah- whatever, there's still a fifty-fifty chance. And that's a chance I'm willing to take!" exclaimed Fundy as Karl rolled his eyes in annoyance, despite it being a bit.

"I'm not letting her go that easily," Karl said quietly over Tubbo and Fundy talking, only for me to hear.

I muted and let out a nervous laugh as Karl got up, shot me a smile before leaving the room.

Let's just say that, it took a lot of cheesy pickup lines for Karl to forgive me and stop sulking.

-1059 words

———————————
A/N:
Short uh- not important(?) chapter, since I wrote this at 1am AND I'm working on a New Years chapter that should be published in a few hours! Have a nice day/night! :DD