C H A P T E R 3 7

"And you should know that both me and Karl aren't gonna give up," he said, causing me to close my mouth as I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Cheesy bastard.." I mumbled, still feeling a bit flustered as he lets out a laugh.

We continued to talk about more random stuff as we waited for Karl to arrange the game of jackbox.

Everything felt as ease, as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. One thing's for sure, I'm glad that I was back to being on good terms with both boys.

-----------------------------------------

After talking a bit more with Alex, Karl had finally added me and Alex into a discord group for the game of Jackbox.

Turns out Karl invited Dream, George and Sapnap to play since they were the only ones available at the moment.

Alex was right when he said Karl and him would convince me to stream it, even the others joined in to try and convince me.

"Come on, Y/N! You haven't streamed in like.. FOREVER! Don't you wanna remember the day you and me finally made up?" said Alex, shamelessly in fact.

I rolled my eyes and let out a scoff, "We are literally in a call where everyone's a streamer," everyone lets out a laugh before Karl yells,

"YEAH TRUE! But we've all streamed like- at least once this week," causing Sapnap and Alex to agree.

"Dream hasn't streamed in a while," I pointed out as Clay lets out a scoff,

"Yeah, but I have a reason for that. You've just stopped cause you were moping around!" exclaimed Clay as Karl lets out a "yikes".

"Okay, first off, pretty sure I've talked to you all about my problem, and second, I'm too lazy to set anything up," I tried to make up more excuses but it was pointless.

"Excuses, excuses. Y/N, we'll beat up any toxic person in your chat personally if you'd like," said George as Alex cheers in agreement.

"Yeah! Y/N protection squad is here!" exclaimed Sapnap as everyone lets out a laugh.

"Alright, alright! It's Y/N's decision. But just know that.. we'll be here for you if anything goes wrong, and besides, you shouldn't care about what other people think of you, it's not like you owe the world an apology or an explanation. So I don't really see any reason for your chat to be toxic," said Clay as everyone went silent for a few seconds.

"Wow, Dream. Guess that enormous IQ really comes in handy," said Karl as Alex lets out a laugh, "Way to ruin the mood, Karl,"

I let out a laugh as Alex and Karl start bickering before clearing my throat to catch their attention,

"Alright, I guess I have to prepare for a stream now," I smiled as they let out cheers of joy.

"WOO! LET'S GOO! TOLD YOU YOU'D GIVE IN!" cheered Alex.

"HE TOLD YOU YOU'D GIVE IN!" cheered Karl.

"KARL TOLD YOU THAT QUACKITY TOLD YOU YOU'D GIVE IN!" cheered Sapnap.

"SAPNAP-" said George as I cut in, "Okay! I get it!" causing everyone to laugh.

And just like that, I started streaming again, one of them checking up on me every now and then. The stream went smoothly, there were some people who were being a tad bit rude as they believed the rumours that spread on Twitter about me and Alex, but my mods managed to handle the situation.

The next day came quick, which meant that Karl would be leaving.

During the car ride to the train station, me and Karl just hummed along to the songs on the radio.

"So.. what are your plans after I leave?" he suddenly asked as I raised my eyebrow.

"Go home..? Oh! Schlatt invited me to dinner with the guys since.. well Lunch Club decided to disband," I said wincing slightly. I was in a discord meeting thing with the guys and our manager and we all agreed to disband the Lunch Club and go on our separate ways.

"Yikes.. right. I forgot.. Uhm, well be sure you get home early then!" he exclaimed as I put on a confused look.

"I mean, depends on how long the boys would keep me there for but.. why?" I asked, realising how dumb that sounded.

He lets out a nervous chuckle, obviously hiding something, "What? Can't a guy just be protective over this gal right here?" he poked my arm.

I just had a neutral face on, refusing to be tricked, "Karl.." I said with a tone.

"Yes, Y/N, sweetie?" he asked nervously as I rolled my eyes and remained quiet.

"Fine! I have a.. gift coming to your place when I leave," he mumbled as I smirked.

"Aw, how thoughtful of you! Care to tell me what it is?" I asked as he lets out a laugh.

"No sir yee! It's a surprise. Just make sure you arrive home as early as possible," he said grinning as I let out a groan.

"Can't I have a hint? Just one?" I asked as he took a while to think about it.

"Please, Karl?" I said with a tone as an attempt to push him once again as he groaned.

"Dang it! Stop that," he exclaimed as I grinned, "Stop what?"

"Being so gosh darn adorable!" I felt my cheeks heat up, not expecting that at all.

I opened my mouth to say something but no words would come out.

Karl lets out a chuckle upon realising, "Okay, I'll give you a hint. The gift has something to do with keeping you company when I leave,"

I let out a scoff, "Real helpful Karl," I mumbled as he lets out a laugh.

"You'll love it don't worry. I know how lonely you'd be when I'm gone," he exclaimed as I raised an eyebrow.

"Excuse you-"

"So! That's why this gift is extremely special. Special gift for my special gal," he said as I felt my cheeks heat up again once more.

"Smooth ass fucker.." I mumbled as he lets out a chuckle and held my free hand while I continued to drive us to the train station with just the music playing from the radio.

After saying our goodbyes at the train station, I proceeded to drive home in silence. The adrenaline that I'd get whenever hanging out Karl finally wore off.

As I was stuck in traffic I got a text from Schlatt saying that the dinner was moved to another day. Great, now I'm actually gonna be alone again.

Finally, I arrived to my apartment. As I walked up to my apartment, I noticed someone standing at my door, their back facing me, with some bags on the ground.

"Uhm, can I help you?" I decided to ask, it was a stupid thing to do but then again if anything were to happen to me I had Ray to possibly murder whoever that was.

I noticed the man flinched for a second before he cleared his throat, "Well, howdy there, do you know where the closest er-" the man said in a weird cowboy impersonation before cutting himself off with a wheeze I know all too well.

"CLAY!" I yelled as he turns around and I ran towards him, basically tackling him in a hug.

"Nice to see you too, partner," said Clay still failing horribly in trying to impersonate a cowboy.

"Your such a dumbass.." I mumbled into his chest since we were still hugging, I felt his chest vibrate as he laughed.

"Missed you too, N/N," said Clay, causing me to smile.

..Wait why the fuck is he here?

-1274 words