2

"ms. jang." mr. kim called while eyes furiously staring at you. "answer number 5."

huh? what am i going to do?? 

"this is what happens when you sleep throughout the class. i've already warned you about this, ms. jang. how many times do i have to keep on warning you??" he slapped his wooden stick on your table which made you flinch.

"i don't know?? like a million??" you said as you thought you only whispered it to yourself.

"excuse me??" he couldn't believe what he just heard from his student. "a million warning??"

"ah! no no sir! of course not. i'm going to answer right now." you quickly got up and went to the board. you joined the other four students who were already halfway from their answers. 

wtf. how am i supposed to answer this?

you glanced at your classmate's solutions but it was no use. each of you had different questions which meant different solutions.

you bit your lips because of nervousness. the only way to answer this is to.. ask for your classmate's help. 

"hey,," you called the boy next to you. he was answering number 4.

"what??" he whispered while continuing to answer.

"how can i get this answer? please help me." you pleaded. number 1 and number 2 were already done. this time, your body was shaking.

"aniya" he said and shook his head. he already got his answer.

"come on, please please." you pleaded again which caused him to sigh. "fine. i'll help you."

he wrote the formula on his side, where the view from your teacher was getting blocked, and he showed it to you. once you got the formula, he already erased it.

"are you done, heeseung? " mr. kim asked and he immediately encircled his answered. "yes sir."

freak. freak. freak.

you were the only one left infront which made you more nervous. good thing you remembered what heeseung told you before he went back to his seat.

"substitute. cancel. transpose. and just answer it how you normally do." he whispered and threw the chalk at your teacher's desk.

you took a deep breath and started writing the solutions for number 5. it took you long to solve but at last- after a minute, you encircled the final answer and went right back at your seat. you sighed heavily, relieved yet embarrased at the same time because of what happened.

i freaking asked...

my boy classmate...

about math...

freak. that was awkward.

you facepalmed as you imagine the scene earlier. who asks a random guy about a math question? right. you. now you're sure as heck you wouldn't do it again.

"number 1 to 5 correct. well done." mr. kim smiled and closed his book. "i will dismiss you early today because we have a meeting in about 10 minutes. see you tomorrow."

you and your classmates stood up and bowed at your teacher. "thank you sir."

as soon as your teacher left, you poked your classmate's shoulder and thanked him. "thank you to you too." you smiled and pulled a thumbs up.

"yeah sure." he nodded and put back his attention on his notebook. since you were bored of waiting for your next teacher, you poked your classmate's back again, hoping he would want to talk or chat with you.

"heeseung right?" you asked and he just nodded. "a nerd?"

"no." he shook his head. "just because i'm reading, doesn't make me a nerd already, okay?"

"yeah, yeah." you said as you tucked your hands on the pockets of your jackets. "how come you're so silent?"

"well how 'bout you? how come you're wearing a jacket when it's not even cold?" he asked which made you slightly taken aback.

"i love jackets and you?" you asked him back.

"what??" he gave a confused look.

"i said i love jackets and you?" you repeated, now with a high tone. "do you love your boo-"

"YEJIN LIKES HEESEUNG??!" one of the guys yelled which made everyone turned their eyes on him. "WAIT WHAT?? JANG YEJIN LIKES SOMEONE??"

"and eventually that someone is heeseung!" taeyon, the class president, joined in with the conversation. "yejin,  the i-don't-care-about-guys person now likes heeseung, the i-only-focus-on-books person."

"what if yejin gets rejected??" yana, the class muse whispered to her seatmate which was her bestfriend, junki.

"they are going to date!!" the guys yelled and roam around. is this what it feels like when people spread rumours about you? it's annoying. you don't know how to shut their mouths up. you also don't understand how sunghoon can cope up with this.

and what about this rumour really? heeseung and you.. are going to date??

you shook your head and slapped the guys who kept running and yelling. "STOP IT. WE DON'T EVEN KNOW EACH OTHER." they paused for a moment but after a few seconds, they gave each other weird smiles.

"that's what they always say." sujun laughed. "but they end up with each other haha."

"AISH-" you were cut off when heeseung held your wrist.

"there's no point. just sit there and don't mind them. they'll eventually stop." heeseung said calmly and motioned you to sit. you sighed and sat on your chair. "fine" was all you can say. you don't know how to handle these kinds of situation so you don't really know how to stop it. maybe heeseung has been involved with rumuors? what if was used to it? he seemed relaxed and it feels like he doesn't care at all. what's with this guy really??

classes for the morning session have ended. it was lunch time, and as usual, you would just go buy your food at the cafeteria and go back to the classroom where you eat your lunch. your mom was really busy with work, and well your dad? he worked in busan, which was far away from you. they both have works, that's why they couldn't give you any food- only money.

you grabbed your money and went outside the classroom to the cafeteria. while walking there, you heard whispers about your name and they had weird looks on you.

"is that yejin? they said she likes heeseung.."

"that's her. she's the only one wearing a jacket haha."

"frr though, heeseung will just reject her as usual."

the girls giggled while talking to each other.

as usual? what do they mean by that? does heeseung normally reject girls? does heeseung deal with rumuors too? oh my duck. maybe that's why he didn't care at all.

you shrugged and went inside the cafeteria. the whole room was packed, a lot of people were eating and some were even studying there. it seemed fun to study with a group of people. they were really happy when they talk to their friends. heck. you could only wish. you have no friends.

"one donut and one neoguri noodles- seafood flavour." you smiled and gave your money to the food lady. just then, your smile faded when you saw the person you least wanted to see.

"3 chocolate bars" park sunghoon said and gave the money to the lady. you turned around for him not to see your face. you seriously don't want to get involved with him today.

"no need to hide. you're wearing a jacket, yej." he spoke softly.

freak. freak. freak.