14

"this! this is going to be pretty on you! ACKK! TRY IT TRY IT" minha squeled while shoving the dress infront of your face. just as you thought she couldn't get any louder, she just suddenly started stomping her feet eagerly, waiting for you to try the dress. the stares people were giving made you shiver. you were having the second-hand embarrassment for your bestfriend.

"yeah, yeah. i'll try it. just keep it down, minha," you shushed her softly, but she just pouted. you noticed she was getting happier these days, and it made you happy too. also,  she was able to make up the days she couldn't hang out with you.

"excuse me"

"i'm kinda loud, yeah?" minha chuckled, and hid her flustered face behind the dress she was holding, "you see, it's my first time going to a party. plus, i'm really excited to see you in this dress! imagine what heeseung-"

"shhh," you cut her off, placing your index finger right infront of her mouth, "you shall not speak of his name."

"excuse me"

"wait- what? why?" minha asked, tapping one of your shoulders. you sighed deeply and whispered to her the code about heeseung.

"that deer can be anywhere- including here," you paused, "i don't want him to know we're talking about him,"

"okay, so like, aren't you excited you'll be going out with deer?" minha chuckled.

--------

"heeseung, wanna be my party partner?"

"no, sorry," heeseung said, "i'm planning to bring someone else,"

"ooooooh," the boys from the back of the room teased.

"o-oh, it's fine," serin smiled softly. she was indeed beautiful, and you couldn't understand how heeseung could reject her. there she bowed and excused herself from the both of you.

even if you weren't in her situation, you still felt bad. the fact that she smiled and accepted the result, just proves how she was deserving to NOT be rejected.

"i can't believe you declined serin," you glared at heeseung while slapping his arms lightly. heeseung, who was perfectly matched with the most beautiful and kind-hearted person in class, declined. "she's so pretty, how could you decline that face?"

"i..," he paused for a moment before continuing, "wanted to go out with someone,"

"tss," you rolled your eyes at him,"i don't even see you hanging out with girls- how could you even plan to go out--"

"i was actually planning to go to the party with you," he turned his face to look at you. you, on the other hand, gulped and excused yourself to the comfort room. WHAT THE ACTUAL GLOB.

-----

"of course i am," you smiled at minha, "deer is really cute, but i still feel bad for serin though."

"ehem excuse"

"i understand your point, but i think you should let go of it. deer likes to be with you, he can't force himself to go to the party with a girl- knowing that girl isn't you." minha explained, "serin's feelings are valid, but so are deer's feelings."

"ya! can you just move? for pete's sake, you've been gossiping here for two minutes," a guy with a familiar voice shoved you to the right, making you flinch. you were about to karate chop his shoulder, when he suddenly grabbed your arms, preventing you from hitting him. there you realized, he was the same guy who kept excusing himself just a few minutes ago.