15

"when will deer arrive?" minha asked. both of you were sitting on one of the benches, while the others were busy dancing and laughing.

"just a few minutes," you tried to smile. there were about two boys now who asked to dance with you, but you declined, wanting heeseung to be your first dance. also, those boys were losers. just mark being the playboy that he is, and one weird guy who keeps on picking his nose.

"it's been an hour though," minha whined.

"i know," you said.

"OOOOHHH sunghoon and sooya are the best couple yet," the MC announced, while the people were surrounding them, "look at them dance- OH WOW did sunghoon just do a triple axel jump?! sooya is going to try it too- wow- OH NO, she failed, but it's okay, sunghoon is there, lending his hand. truly, just truly, the sweetest couple here,"

"the audience love them," you smiled, eyes fixed on them again.

"they sure do. they'll probably end up together- like you know, permanently." minha said while you just nodded. you hoped that sunghoon wouldn't hurt her the way he hurt you. she may be your bully in middle school, but she did change into a good person now.

minutes passed by, heeseung still hasn't arrived. minha excused herself for awhile to go to the restroom, leaving you alone now. you grabbed your phone from your pocket to see a message pop out.

parksnghoon sent you a dm

Are you here at the party?
___________________________

what party?

stop lying

i can see you

then why'd u ask?

you're bored,

so i texted you

thanks but i don't need u rn

you don't have a date?

of course i have

just, leave me alone

but you're lonely

is it okay if i sit next to you?

NOPE

okay
_________

you sighed deeply, relieved. just as you thought he would obey you, he sat right next to you and gave you a drink. what did you expect? he's as stubborn as his friend, jay.

"is this alcohol?" you asked.

"no. i know you don't like alcohol," he answered.  he remembered. "where's your date?"

"he's just s-somewhere," you mumbled while tilting your head down. he nodded slowly, while looking at the people enjoying themselves. you know that he knows you're lying- he's known you for quite a long time now.

"we can dance," sunghoon said, which made you stare at him, "i mean, only if you want to."

"i w-" you were cut off by minha who just arrived from the restroom.