6

"minha..." you whispered her name and smiled, "she's so cute."

you felt so happy when you met someone who wants to be friends with you. it felt nice, moreover, comforting. even if you didn't talk that much, it was still a great start to have a friend.

"yejin!" jungwon snapped his fingers infront of your face, making you completely startled.

you eyed your cousin with despise, "what??"

"did you open the box i gave you??" he asked. he waited but there was no response from you, "did you or did you not??"

you paused to think for awhile, "no, i didn't... not yet."

"then open it already. tomorrow's the event." he commanded. you shrug your shoulders and continued to walk. you stopped your tracks again and suddenly asked, "what event??"

"it's noona hyerin's birthday tomorrow. you know, your favorite cousin??" he said and you just nodded. but how come you didn't know it until now??

•••••••

"mom.., " you called her on the phone. "are we going to unnie hyerin's birthday tomorrow..?"

you hoped, even with a slightest of chance, she would say yes. it has been a long time since you saw your unnie, and you badly wanted to see here right away. you missed her so much since she left korea for japan. and now, after 8 months, she finally came back!

unnie hyerin was your spoiled cousin. she gets what she wants, when she wants it, and where she wants it. literally everything. she's like the girl version of sunghoon, except that you hated sunghoon very much, and you didn't with her.

she was really nice, and to be honest, you felt so lucky to have her as her cousin. not only you could get toys from her for free, but you could also eat a lot of food from their house. basically, you treated her as your sister, and she treated the same with you too. 

"yes, we're going there, yejin." mom answered softly.

"really??!!"

"im sorry for telling you late. i was planning for us not to go because im really busy at work, but since it's your favorite cousin, i'll make some time."

"thank you so much mom!!" you smiled through the phone, "bye.  good luck on work! fighting!"

it was late in the evening yet you still didn't eat dinner. you were just so excited that you forgot to eat, so now, you planned to buy at your favorite ramen store which is 24/7 open. you grabbed the keys of your house door and went outside. there were only a few people walking on the street, and only a few restaurants were opened. it was comforting to feel some cold air at night where it was peaceful... although a bit scary.

"hot and spicy beef ramen please,," you said as you handed out the money to the cashier lady. she smiled and motioned you to wait on one of the chairs for awhile. "just tell me if you need anything, honey."

you nodded and went at the back spot of the store. "ah finally,, i miss you dear table, dear chair, dear fresh air." you said as you reminiscence your life back when you used to come there.

suddenly, a notification popped from your phone, and you immediately opened it.

     TWITTER