8

"have you.. or have you not... open the box??" jungwon clicked his tounge because of frustration. he was asking the same question over and over again yet there was no answer.

"i have..," you smiled sheepishly, "not,"

"tss, and i thought you were the responsible one." jungwon sighed. "inside the box was a dress, a colored bracelet and lyrics of noona hyerin's favorite song. we'll sing it later and go form a circle or something."

"sing?? form a circle?? that's cringe,, are we like in kindergarten??" you asked and he just shrugged.

"im not the one who planned this. it was noona ara." he said in a low voice while scrolling through his phone. "besides, it's kinda cool, we're going to sing."

"yea, cool for you." you rolled your eyes at him, "lucky you have a good voice."

"hey, i heard our schoolmates are throwing a party. sunghoon's gonna be there." jungwon side eye you to see your reaction.

"so??" you looked at him seriously. you're always so annoyed whenever he brings up the name sunghoon. he knows you're hurting because of hearing his name, and yet that still didn't bother him to stop. typical. guys.

"so...," jungwon walked ahead and blocked your way, "you won't go?? your crush is there"

"of course not. you think i'd choose a guy who broke me over a girl who treated me as her sister? ex crush over a sister??" you glared and pushed him out of your way. "im not desperate for love, yang jungwon."

while walking to your house, you and your cousin just stayed silent. none of you bothered to talk. he was busy with his phone while you were just looking at people who pass by you. after a few minutes, you finally arrived home and was greeted by your mom. she immediately told you to change clothes so you could head to the birthday party right away.

while looking at your reflection on the mirror, mom came in and saw you. she smiled sweetly and hugged you.

"you look so pretty, yejin, honey. i hope you find the perfect guy for you. not today, of course. you're too young," she chuckled as she caressed your hair and kissed your head. you always feel comforted whenever she does that. "i love you so much that i don't want you to get hurt. now, i don't want you chasing other guys, okay?? don't hesitate to tell me everything."

you forced a smile and hugged her back. im sorry mom. im sorry i got hurt. im sorry i chased a wrong guy. im sorry i didn't tell you everything. and i still can't.

"noona, it's my 2nd time seeing you in a dress." jungwon laughed and you smiled.

"im not really fond wearing dresses." you walked forward and went to him, "now let's go!"

you were heading to the venue with jungwon and your mom, when suddenly you remembered you were supposed to meet minha at the cafe.

"oh my duck. minha." you gasped, your hand covering your mouth. "we were supposed to meet at the cafe 15 minutes ago."

"do you want us to come with you?" mom asked.

"no thank you, mom." you shook your head. "just go ahead. i already know where the venue is. minha and i will go there together."

she mouthed an 'ooo' and reminded, "make sure you get there before the party starts, okay?" you nodded and ran up to the cafe. you facepalm as you forgot to ask minha's phone number. maybe if you asked for it earlier, you'd be contacting here right now.

you arrived at the cafe to see minha sitting on one of the chairs and drinking milk tea. you waved your hands at her and smiled, "minha! let's go!"