𝙤𝙣𝙚

y/n l/n had never been one to know what she wanted for herself. her opinions had been influenced by others, her taste in music, in fashion, in food, in practically anything that would give her a sense of individuality. the only thing she had found herself in was dance.

of course, that would've never been taken seriously or would be respectable in the long run, according to her mom, so instead she would go into her adult life amassing different beliefs as to what she should do.

so she applied to multiple universities, some she applied undeclared, others with a major that didn't even hold her attention, and one she applied to as a dancer.

the thing is, she applied to Yuuei, a prestigious school that housed multiple majors and always produced brilliant stars who later went on to leave a significant mark on the world, so her chances of being accepted were slim to none. she laughed to herself days after she had applied, because of how absurd applying even was. she wasn't a bad dancer but she didn't think she had anything special to offer.

so you can imagine her surprise when her acceptance letter came in the mail one day to no other than Yuuei itself.  it was almost as laughable as applying, but sure enough she was to begin her term in the fall semester.

after the initial shock had settled in, she was hit with the realization that she would have to tell her mother that she would be majoring in dance.

to understand her conflict, one must understand that y/n's mother had been a single mother. that never bothered either y/n or her mom but it did influence how her mother wanted y/n's future to turn out.

her mother was extremely supportive but didn't believe in a career in dance. so how was she to tell her mother she would now major in dance...

lying to your own mother, whom you have a good relationship with, wouldn't be the best idea but with no other option available at the moment.

so that's how y/n l/n had convinced her mother that she would be pursuing a nursing degree at Yuuei. if only she knew what she was getting herself into.

~

a/n:

i've never written "x reader" stories but there's always a time to try new things! one thing about this story is that it will probably be in third person as writing in first person isn't one of my strongest fortes ;( but if you actually enjoy the story and would like to have it in first person every now and then you can let me know !!

n e ways,, thank u for reading the first chapter and feel free to leave a vote and i hope you will come back for the following chapters ! :))