𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

time had flown. it was now the beginning of march and i was growing anxious at the recital that was right around the corner.

i had been doing fine in my classes, working through some procrastination issues, but overall doing pretty good.

i found myself at the studio a lot more often, sometimes being there from the time my classes ended all the way until midnight.

mina occasionally accompanied me but she would wrap up fairly quickly and head back home, sometimes going out with denki or eijiro.

-

it was a tuesday and it was one of those rare days where i went to the library instead of the studio.

i had a few things to work on before i could go and focus on dance. i pulled open the door of the library, i nodded at the student assistant that greeted me.

i walked towards the back of the library, the rooms there were rarely occupied, especially on a tuesday.

i walked along the hall of open arches and slipped into one. it only took a moment for me to settle in, laying my laptop in front of me and pulling out my notebooks.

the task became almost automated, music was playing in my earphones and i was getting things done.

i was moving onto my second assignment when someone joined me at my table.

"hey" the infamous purple eyed boy said.

at least i think that's what he said, i could only read his lips before pulling out my earphones.

he smiled softly and i could pick up a slight whiff of a cologne or something of his in the small room.

"hi," i greeted.

"i haven't seen you around for a while, l/n, how have you been?"

"i've been good. what about you?" i watched him gesture at the seat at the end of the table and i nodded at him.

he sat down, "busy, tired. the usual."

i could only manage an "ah" before turning back to my work. focusing seemed harder now that there was other presence i was aware of.

before i knew it, i was just staring at my laptop's screen. i kept glancing back and forth between my notes and the assignment on my computer but i couldn't seem to move on.

i wonder if i should just pull out my phone. hmm, or i can wait a bit and then pretend that i need to leave. ooo, that's good.

i glanced up at my screen once more, checking the time. it was only 3:14 and i still need a few more assignments to go.

maybe i should just pack up and go work in the studio

'but what if he asks to come with you?' a tiny voice asked at the back of my head.

i gulped, i sure hope not.

i had sat there contemplating for about two more minutes and just as i was about to get up, shinsou spoke.

"what are you working on?"

shoot, had he noticed i wasn't doing anything?

'probably, you moron.'

shut up

"a few assignments for my dance theory class, i think i also have one for history."

shinsou seemed to be trying to read my notes and i grew conscious of my handwriting.

"what are you working on?" i asked, discreetly putting a hand on top of my papers.