𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚

sure enough, after asking mina, she confirmed that "izuku's group" had been the ones working at the restaurant. there seemed to be a whisper about that, though, they didn't mention anything about the staff to katsuki.

regardless, the gang was able to get through another week and a week closer to break. there was the hiccup during the week on wednesday, however, which was y/n and shinso meeting to take their final pictures. y/n had dressed accordingly and pinned her bun at the back of her head. the photoshoot had gone as smoothly as the first time, with the lack of her friends not apparent. saying goodbye to shinso this time around was hard, a weird yearn to spend more time with him.

-

"are you going anywhere after this?" i asked, hoping for a bit more time in shinso's presence.

he watched me zip up my sweater and then handed me my sweats. "i have a meeting with one of my professors in a bit, i'm probably going to head over there right now."

"oh! let me walk you there." i offered.

"are you sure?" shinso questioned, but didn't deny. "their office is in the complete opposite direction of your dorm."

oh.

"oh, i'm not heading over to the dorms right now. i have to, um, i have to.. meet with a friend of mine! yeah, we're working on a piece for one of my classes." i thought of quickly.

shinso seemed unconvinced, but he didn't mention anything. he cocked his head to the side and started walking. i trailed next to him, matching his pace.

"what professor are you meeting?" i asked, shoving my hands in my pockets to hide their fidgeting.

"ah, i meeting my psychology professor. he wanted to talk about something but didn't mention what." shinso answered.

"psychology? i thought you were a photography major?" i asked, confused.

shinso laughed wholeheartedly, a kind of laugh in which you throw your whole head back.

i turned up to face him, a big mistake as the setting sun illuminated his face. i quickly snapped my gaze forward, swallowing thickly.

"no, no, i'm majoring in psychology. i'm only doing a minor in photography under professor aizawa's request." he explained, laugh still interlaced in his words.

my stomach did front flips, the sound of shinso's laughs being something i could get used to.

"oh.. wait, why under his request?" i inquired.

"he helped me through my first year at Yuuei and then he asked me to come T.A his class. i do, sometimes, but i just applied for a minor under his teaching."

"oh, cool." i thought, it was nice to hear that aizawa had helped shinso. but the reminder that shinso was a year ahead, in terms of years at Yuuei, stilled something in my stomach.

"yeah, i guess."

"is photography something you enjoy, though?"

"yeah, i actually enjoy it a lot more than i thought. and aizawa goes on about a gift i have but honestly, it's just for fun." he chuckled.

"well, i've never really interacted with another photography major but i think your pictures are pretty good." i hummed, thinking about the pictures he had shown me in the restaurant.

he grew quiet after the compliment and afraid i had said something wrong, i turned to shinso. but he was already looking at me, quiet in thought.

"um, what?" i asked, feeling squeamish under his gaze.

"nothing." i felt him turn away, now relaxing.

"so, how's the piece you're working on coming out?" shinso asked, making conversation.

"huh?"

"the one you're working on with a friend?"

"oh! oh, right. it's going well." i wasn't completely lying, there was a piece i was working on but i just wasn't meeting up with anyone to run it. "we're performing it at a recital this weekend so we're trying to make sure it's good to go by then."

shinso hummed.

"that's nice, are you working under kayama?" he asked, and i nodded.

"yeah, she's a bit... eccentric but she's a good teacher and really knows how to push you. i like her."

"yeah, i heard she pumps out great dancers. kinda like abby lee, no?"

i laughed, a little too loudly, but what the fuck kind of comparison was that?

i clamped my hand over my mouth, but the laugh was already shaking the quiet around us. a few passing students turned to stare at us.

"what?" he smirked. "isn't she a dance teacher?"

i laughed once more, quietly this time. "yeah, but that was so random."

shinso turned to me, "alright, well we're here." he glanced up towards the building now in front of us.

"oh, okay. i'll see you?" i stepped back.

shinso stepped into my space, brushing his fingers across my cheek.

i shuddered and struggled to maintain eye contact with him.

"shinso?" i peered back at him.

"sorry." he stepped back again. "you had something on your cheek."

"oh, okay." i stared dumbly.

"but yeah, i'll see you, l/n. good luck with that piece." he winked and headed into the building.