𝑉𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑒'𝑠 𝐷𝑎𝑦 𝑆𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑙 !

*not related to the story so far but set in the same setting*

"shinsou, we're not watching that movie." i pouted, trying to snatch the dvd box out of his hand.

shinso held the box over his head, however, and smirked down at me. "you love this movie, y/n."

i huffed, pushing my hands to my side. "you know i don't shinsou, let's pick another one."

"you big baby," shinsou enveloped me in a warm embrace, "i was only teasing."

reluctantly, i hugged him back, huffing into his chest. "let's just play super mario bros?"

shinsou's chest rumbled as he hummed. "let's play smash instead."

that's how i ended up aggressively spamming buttons on the controller, somehow successfully landing hits on shinsou's little avatar.

"for how often you suggest we play this game, you tend to lose a lot." i pointed out.

with my eyes never straying from the screen, i missed shinsou's full attention on me.

how can one win a game when they're not even looking at their opponent, but instead, looking at their partner.

"eh," shinsou shrugged, "i don't mind losing to you."

my face burned at his blatant response and i flipped him off, one hand still on the controller, to hide my embarrassment.

"you're a nerd." i teased back.

-

"we should go skydiving."

i propped myself on my elbow, to look down at shinsou. "what?"

"yeah, we could bring our friends too. though we might have trouble convicting a few of them."

i laid back down, close to shinsou, and thought about it. sometimes, when shinsou and i would just lay in bed, we would start random conversations.

we would make plans about our future or debate about dumb things, anything as long as we were talking. i had grown so used to shinsou's voice, it kind of became a comforting sound to hear.

"skydiving, huh? i'll think about it."

shinsou laughed quietly to himself. "okay, i'll let you think about it." he brushed a few strands of hair away from my face.

i watched him with great interest, never getting enough of the boy. he looked so at peace and i tried to suppress the need to kiss him. ultimately, i failed and pressed a soft kiss against his forehead.

the boy simpered then whispered, "come here."

-

shinsou and i spent whatever free time we had together. whether it was at the library, studying in the quiet, or at the park, taking small strolls and catching each other up, or even just at his apartment, doing nothing.

"y/n" shinsou called for my attention while we laid on his couch.

i glanced up at him, "yeah?"

"have i told you lately," he started, "i'm grateful you're mine."

it wasn't rare to hear shinsou voice his gratefulness, it wasn't even rare for him to show it through actions either, but it was always nice to hear.

"no, you haven't." i shrugged off but the truth was that he had. "i think you should tell me more often, no? cause i'm pretty great."

i batted my eyelashes for the full effect and shinsou laughed. "yeah, i'll tell you more often then."

he pressed a kiss to my temple, "let's go take a nap?"

i nodded and we bounded off to his bedroom.

-

"shinsou."

"what?"

"don't 'what' me! why is there a cat in the living room."

"okay, look-"

"oh my god."

"he's the cat i've been telling you about, the one who wanders in front of the apartments."

"..."

"let's keep him."

"keep him?"

"yeah! he can be like our kid, wouldn't that be nice?"

i was stuck between the conflict of wanting to kiss shinsou stupid or call him stupid.

referring to the kitten as our kid was definitely a ploy to get me to agree with him, and i hate to admit it, but it was working.

i took a deep breath.

"if," i emphasized the 'if', "we keep him.. where would he sleep?"

that's how we ended up with an angelic little devil of a cat. he started out shy and sweet but then was spoiled rotten by shinsou.

"kyo, baby, i need to go stop scratching the couch." i plucked the cat off the floor and placed him in my lap.

kyo stretched and pushed his little paws into my legs, making himself comfortable.

shinsou came out of the kitchen and sat down next to me, "what are we watching?"

"i don't know, wanna pick something?" i handed the controller to him and ran my hand through kyo's fur.

shinsou settled on some tv show that had been sitting on our list for such a long time. i got up around the third episode, peckish, to look for some snacks in the kitchen.

"how's my baby doing?" i could hear shinsou cooing in the living room. a small meow followed his words, then shinsou's laugh.

i couldn't pay much attention to the show once i got back, i was too distracted with kyo and i'm pretty sure that shinsou was too.

"y/n?"

"hmm?"

"move in with me."

~

a/n: wahh!! hey cuties!! i hope u enjoy a little indulgence 😩 i wanted to do something since it's february n yk valentine's day n everything ,,  but yeah. i took some inspiration for the song 'nothing' by bruno major (mentioning if u want to give that a listen)  but yeah. that's all, thank u sm for reading !

take care , stay safe n i love y'all! <3 :))

and happy valentine's day!