𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

the following morning, i woke up to loud music playing from downstairs. my mom was probably in a cleaning haste which could only mean she would be having company over.

trying to bask in the fleeting moments of my sleepiness, i threw a blanket over my face. i could hear my mom singing along to the music but upon listening closer, i realized she was actually talking to somebody.

begrudgingly, i rolled out of bed and began looking around my room for a pair of slippers.

left over evidence of my unpacking from the previous night, along with the fact that my mom had been using my room as storage, made for a messy room.

"ugh, i should probably clean too." i sigh, giving up on my search.

i collapsed back into bed, bouncing slightly, before unplugging my phone from my charger. i scrolled through the notifications, heart skipping a beat when i saw a text from shinsou.

🟣 shinsou !

>> tai has spent more time asking
about you than he has asking about me ;(
>> attachment: 2 images

the first picture shinsou had sent was one of tai, the boy was visibly tired and falling asleep while eating cereal.

the second picture was of tai asleep, head balanced on the top of his bowl.

i chuckled softly to myself before typing out a reply.

🟣 shinsou !

as he should <<
tai and i have a pretty special bond <<

>> boooo
>> he's literally my brother

shinsou's reply came impossibly fast but that plain, simple reply had me smiling.

🟣 shinsou !

too bad he likes me better <<
sucks to suck :P <<

>> quite the mouth on u

u plan on doing anything about it? <<

>> i guess we'll just have to see
>> anyways, tai just wanted to say hi
>> but now i got to go help my mom w something
>> i'll see you later

tell my favorite shinsou i said hi ! <<

deciding i had indulged enough in shinsou's shenanigans, i began to make my way down stairs, barefoot.

ehh, i could spare a minute or two to look for some socks, i thought to myself.

so i did, and then i made my way downstairs.

"morning, mom!" i announced as i bounced down the steps of the stairs, mitch match socks hitting the boards.

"y/n, come say hi. we have guests." my mom called from the living room.

i stopped dead in my tracks, at the bottom of the steps. i was in no way presentable for any company but i put on a forced smile and headed to the said room.

"good morning," i greeted, taking a moment to acknowledge who was in the room.

an old friend of my mom's, who i had known since i was a kid, sat up to greet me too. "y/n, how are you, dear? wow, what a gorgeous young lady you've become."