𝙨𝙞𝙭

the next morning i woke up to some sort of commotion outside my room. for a second, i excepted to wake up in my house but once i got out of bed and the soreness of my legs made themselves known, i remembered where i was.

briskly, throwing on a sweater that i forgot put away, i opened the door to my room and squinted down the hallway, "mina?"

"ah! y/n, we're making breakfast! come join us!" the pink haired girl announced.

'oh, to be as energetic as mina this early in the morning.'

i waddled down the hall, rubbing my eyes, adjusting to the brightness of the morning. sure enough, mina and the boys were in the kitchen. however, making breakfast was an overstatement; multiple bowls slick with who knows what were sprawled on the counter, dripping eggshells covered the table along with a half empty jug of milk, and two plastic bags sat next to the sink.

"morning, slobber face." katsuki greeted, hanta smacking him upside the head.

i sheepishly wiped my mouth with my sleeve and leaned against the kitchen's archway, "where'd all this come from?"

"we went down to buy groceries since mina mentioned you guys didn't have any yet." eijiro replied, half occupied with whisking something in a bowl.

"and the bowls?" i said, going to sit at the kitchen table.

"i brought those down from my dorm," hanta smiled, coming to join me.

"so what's on the menu today, good sir?" turning to hanta, who sat to my left.

"well, we were going to make waffles but then we decided on pancakes." he replied.

"no, we're not making waffles because denki's dumbass broke the fucking waffle maker on the way to the dorm." katsuki turned to growl at denki.

"it wasn't my fault! you were the only who pushed me out of the elevator!" huffed the accused blond.

i watched denki approach the table, sitting down to my right. i looked over to mina and found her cutting up strawberries, occasionally feeding some to eijiro. the same buzz in the air from yesterday night returned and settled over the crowded room.

"i'm going to go brush my teeth," i said, "i'll be back to help wash dishes in a bit."

i got up from my seat at the table, headed towards my room and did what i said. i stared at myself in the bathroom mirror. my mind couldn't help but drift to shinso yesterday.

'whatever, it's a big campus and the likes of us running into each other again are very small.'

i spit into the sink, rinsed my mouth and brush, and headed back out. katsuki had an impressive plate of pancakes sitting to his right, mina and eirijo had joined the two other boys at the table. they had cleared off the counter and cleaned the table from egg whites.

"ah, y/n. come, come!" eijiro waved.

"bakubro rarely does nice things like this for us, so we have to take advantage, sit."

denki had taken my seat so i sat down next to hanta. i glanced around confused, "wait, what are we doing?"

"we're trying to see if katsuki will come serve us our pancakes, here." mina handed me a paper plate and turned to face said boy's back.

"you guys are dumber than i fucking thought if you think i'm going to walk over there." he answered, flipping another pancake on the pan.

the group deflated and all got up to get the pancakes from katsuki. once, everyone was seated, we talked for a while again. it was sort of weird, fitting into the conversation. i had only known these people for two days, yet i felt like i've know them forever, like i had been with them since they met in high school.