𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

the frozen mornings of kissing the sleep out of each other's eyes and frosty nights of cold feet torturing warm exposed skin were coming to an end, with only one morning left and one night to send everyone out of the comfort of the Yuuei winter break and back into the dorms-turned-into-homes.

"have you seen my sock?"

"toshi, i told you it was under the couch when you asked five minutes ago."

"oh, of course. thanks."

"no problem."

"you ready, pretty girl?"

shinsou's eyes glinted, bright winter light streaming through the window.

"of course, i am. the question is, are you?"

"look at me," shinsou spinned as i watched. one of his feet was missing a sock, "don't i look ready?"

i dropped my gaze down to the bare foot before returning it back to shinsou.

"okay, i get it, tough crowd." shinsou sighed as he walked off to collect his sock.

"mina texted me saying everybody's down in the lobby. we should probably hurry up." i studied my eye makeup in the mirror.

"i'm almost done, do you want to head down before me?" shinsou locked eyes with me through the mirror.

"i don't mind waiting, you almost done?"

"yeah, just give me a second." i watched as shinsou disappeared into the room, probably to find his shoes.

"y/n-"

"they're under the foot of the bed, toshi."

shinsou made a noise, signifying that he had found his shoes, before returning his thanks.

"alright," he reemerged a few seconds later. "let's go, pretty girl."

"let's."

"wait, wait, wait." shinsou waved his hands in the air, the door was halfway open and i leaned up against it.

only offering a raised eyebrow, i stood there waiting for shinsou to state what was wrong.

"we're missing something." was all he said.

"what do you mean?"

i watched as he approached me, taking my hand into his, his own fingers making quick work of separating the finger that was decorated with my ring.

"it's wrong." shinsou muttered to himself before pulling off the ring. panicked, i tried to ask why it was wrong but i couldn't form the words.

"hitoshi, what-"

he paid no mind to my choppy sentence as he slipped the ring back onto my finger, my ring finger.

"it's better like that." he hummed, gazing softly at my hand before putting his own up. the band on his finger was also on the same finger.

"don't you think?" his gaze returned to me and i searched his eyes for an explanation to his behavior.

"yeah, i think so too." i decided.

"good," he brought my hand to his lips, "now, let's get going."

"oh, right." i had forgotten that was what we were doing.

shinsou laughed quietly.

interlocking our hands together, "l/n."

"hmm?" i hummed as i guided us out of the resort room.