26: Twitchy

"you could just ease yourself from  the season and go home" Lady Carrie mentioned again when we settled in the suite.

The particular suite that held precious memories. The warmth was long gone.

I pretended I didn't hear what she said and I began to wonder why she kept bringing it up.

Here is where my doubts strike up again...

Well if she certainly mean go home, I guess I'd have to pack my bags and look for a ship going to home

Dorothy and Agatha settles in as well, Because of there's injuries they left the packing to Grain and Mimi.

The night was plain, no dreams, no regrets, no sorrow and no pain.

I guess they had been saved for later because immediately the sun rise my Ladies woke me and prepared a dress for me.

When I was all dressed up, Lady Carrie took my hands and stare into my eyes like I was one precious forbidden vessel.

My older doppelganger smiled weakly at me. It made me guilty of my profound accusations towards her.

"Try to watch your words my darling" she cooed

I nodded even though I had no idea of what's going on.

"Does your feet still hurt"

"A little"

She pulled me closer and hug me lightly.

For a second I felt the warmth.

She left afterwards leaving me alone with Dorothy and Agatha.

"Come sit" Agatha says

I sat between the two ladies and stare at the door.

We sat in silence souring in different thoughts.

"I think tis best you ease yourself from...."Agatha begin to say but Dorothy cut in

"We can't just back off because of some little thorn" Dorothy stressed

Agatha stare at her for some seconds and shook her head vigorously.

"We just have to wait till the end of the season tis certain the Prince would choose her" Dorothy Added

Well my Ladies have no filter. Speaking about me like I wasn't sitting between them.

"Oouf" I coughed

"I had been observing for a while now but yesterday really still the hammer on the deck" Dorothy says looking at me

"I'm sure it one of the reasons the Queen demanded your presence" Agatha murmurs

Oh Lord...not again.

I open my mouth to say a stupid statement to counter them but I shut my mouth.

There was a knock on the door and without waiting to be let in, the person behind the door enters.

I groan silently when it turns out to be one of the Queen's Vizers.

"It's time" she said and left.

I simply stare at the door. My hungry stomach rumbles igniting the pain in my waist.

"You are to have breakfast with the Queen" Agatha said

Seriously!

"Just try to act normal" she added

Normal huh...that I can try.

When we got close to the Queen's chamber, my mind did a flip-flop. The last time I was here hasn't been memorable.