14 : Saint James

Thanks to all who create time to read this book 💜💜.
____________________________________
The following morning The Queen pass an order to gather all the debutantes for some special announcement. The Ladies looks more prim and proper...it's the prince mother we are talking about here.

I had thought the gathering was for debutantes only but few men were present even sir James.

The Queen sat at the far end of the table, even without talking she possesses a strong aura. Everyone of us was slient to the core when her eyes move around.

Sir James sat on her left. On her right was a vacant chair probably for prince Gavin who today didn't grace us with his presence.

Like I care.

while princess Penelope sit was next to the vacant chair.

"It would be bad not to take proper notice of you ladies"she begins

My gaze was on no one particularly, I was nervous. Was she here to complain or pass a warning.

Well at Least am clean.

Clean!!you share a kiss with her son

Which am still recovering from...it actually disturb my sleep.

"You all look stunning" she said

Okay....this Good.

The ladies all purred childishly while battling the eye expect for Lady Betty who looked bored.

The little talk continued...but my attention had been derailed by something else...

I had failed to notice Stephanie sits beside Sir James, the two were engaged in a slient conversation. She smiles every here and there.

Ain't they suppose to keep mute while the Queen talk or does the Queen notice and just decided to ignore them because Sir James was a royal like she's is.

The Queen concluded her speech and excuse herself. Each debutants were smiling...Did the Queen pass the rule for free dresses.

I turned to Maria "what did she say"

"Really Bell, you weren't listening"

"Yes, I got distracted"

"Oh bell"

What... didn't she see the way her so called sister was battling eyes at Sir James.

"Each ladies are to put forth a special presentation for the Queen, Then from the Top winners she would pick the Ladies worthy enough for her son"

"Why?"

"The Queen always have a say in who the prince picks this is her way of choosing"

"That's a tough challenge but the ladies seems to be happy about it" I said

"Each are certain they would be one of the Queen's favorite"

Special presentation...why a presentation.

"What types of presentation"I sheeply asked

She doesn't reply but clench her Jaw.

Good now she knows why I had been distracted.

Stephanie hands was now on Sir James own while she twist her hair in a peculiar way.

I had to hand it to her... The girl is a good pretender. I was sure she had step up in her acting because she knows Maria was watching.

I had to do something.

I stood up and made my way toward the snack stand. I could feel Maria questioning gaze on me.