23 : D for Disaster

[Gavin's point of view]🎉

There was anguish in waves Radiating from within me. I'm vexed at the ridiculous stunt Lord Eric had mindlessly pulled at the ball.

"How dare he" I grunted

James casted a sinister look at me, heaving a profound sign, he shook his head.

"Lady Bell found herself a Delighted company" He suddenly chuckle fuelling my anger.

I threw at him a naughty look.

"Lord Eric doesn't knows about you two and he's simply trying to associate" He quickly retorted.

"Nay...you are wrong brother.The ponk knows. While he dance with her, he kept locking gaze with me"

"Now you loathe him. Don't you?" James pressed

"C'mon"

"Or mayhap Lady Bell struck back at you mischievously"

"James!" I warned

"Tell me why escort Lady Mabel when you no there's no love lost between her and Lady Bell" He questioned

"You know mother made me do it"

"mother can be very typical and headstrong at times and Being The only child and succeeding heir. It came with a price" I added

"You could have refused" James mutters sternly

"She's trying to prove some point" I say

"Well am just saying...time is golden"

James was Family. The brother I Never had.

There never was a dread and dismal situation we didn't face together. He had been with me my whole life.

But now I worry for him.

Grain, My handman and also my personal butler arrive with dinner. Today's ball seem to have extinguish my appetite.

"Tis your Favorite thy Grace" Grain proposed

I nodded solemnly and watch him leave.

The past few months had changed me entirely. In a good way. It dread me at first till I was inclined to believe in fate.

James pick on his meal. The emotions was divided between us each souring in different aspect.

I thought of her. My Little princess; it cheer my solitude and it's pleasing. Our meeting at the ship was a thing I kept thanking God for. It's was still unclear to me if I caught the Stormy emotions on our first meeting of as the days unravel.

If only she's knows my dedication is to her.

No denying seeing her all cosy with Lord Eric angers me. James thinks my situation is better than his and I worry for him the more. I couldn't think straight. I was still furious. Maybe I should pass a note to her.

Because she needs to be scolded.

Loud chatters suddenly hit the hallway. Feet slap on the ground hurrying to their destination.

I guess mother had arrived from the ball.

But the chatters were hush and noisy. James gaze at me sharing in my thoughts.

Grain strode him.

"What's all the commotions about" I ask

"There's been an accident downtown thy grace"

James push his meal aside.

"Downtown...that place is deserted am I right" he says

"Aye master it's a quiet road this days"