8: The way a man looks at a woman [part 1]

Am so sorry for the late update... had issues with my device.😭

Be a darling and hit the star button

In_ked🎲
____________________________________

His piercing viciousness stare maked my leg weak, his sculpted face showed a tinge of unrestrained wildness.

It gave me the chills.

"Your Grace" I curtsey

He raised an eyebrow...just like the way he had acted on the ship when I had first addressed him as mister.

He didn't say a word, his gaze lingered on my face for some seconds before they make a slow trail down to my neck till the sole of my feet then the lazy trail tape back upward till our eyes came in contact. James seem not to mind the staring contest that's going on or maybe he doesn't just notice.

The favorite green orbs of mine spark with flying intensity intriguing deeper into me till the Nervousness I had locked away comes flying out of their cage.

"I should go" I whispered looking away from his penetrating gaze.

Say something please

"Go back to the hall" he finally booms out as though we are strangers. The man was mature and steady and his words are watertight.

"James is right, you shouldn't be out here unchaperoned"

Before I could nod, he turned to leave with his footsteps echoing in the slient night.

I scrunched my nose in disgust I prefer mister Gavin to this pompous prince.

"You clean up nice" James muttered and hurried after him.... what's that suppose to mean.

The unsettled feeling continue to create a storm inside me.

Good thing I didn't keep my hopes up.

The chatters of the people caught my attention as I enter into the ballroom
"Where is Maria" I asked Agatha who's standing beside the snack stand.

"You left unchaperoned" Agatha exclaim

   Yeah Yeah

"Don't you know there are eyes everywhere anyway she went to look for you"

I diverted my gaze to the crowdy hall, prince Gavin eyes locked with mine as he gaze at me intensely over the head of one of the debutants he's already dancing with. I looked away immediately.

If he wants to be treated like a stranger then fine. Our relationship was perfect on the ship, he had being nice and charming and now.... well still charming but all the same different.

Agatha and I went search of Maria and Dorothy who on the other hand would scold me to death. There were few people in the hall none seem to pay attention to us, as we wander deeper. Just has I took a turn in the length hallway, Maria figure come to view and as I was about to call her another female appear before her.

"A pig like you would always keep its nose in dirt" the lady harshly spat at Maria as it rang in the now empty hallway. I cringe and slow down.

"Whores like you are to be locked up in a brothel" the lady continued

"But hey if you think you are going to leap out brightly in here, I would make sure you leave here as empty as you are" the lady added

Blood drained from my face, I didn't even know what to think about this. I'm even very tongue-tied to cut in.

"You are speaking nonsense" Maria squeak out through gritted teeth.

"Now tell me, who is the fool you accompanied here"