12 : Five summers

I wolf down my breakfast, I had no idea what the name of the food was but the green soft stone like food appease my taste bud.

The sun was out like a happy bridegroom and so is my mood. Am to join the other debutants to go for riding today and after learning prince Gavin will grace us with his presence my inner princess felt restless while I fight for control.

He's all I think about now.

His manly scent to his nagging character excited me, his eyes are my new obsession.

"The ladies all look prim and proper" Maria said as she slumped on the bed.

"Prim and proper"I questioned

There were still some English words I had a tough time with. It was either spoken to fast or unfamiliar.

"Yes prim and proper"she replied again

"What's prim and proper"

She sits up "excessively modest in a correct way and looking like someone who would never break the rules of etiquette"

"Oh that" my Happy mood flutter.

Why should I be surprised..he's the prince they also want to attract his eyes.

"It doesn't matter" Agatha who had being paying attention to our conversation cut in.

I raised my eyebrows. She's been acting in a particular way since last night, like she knew something I should be aware of.

"At the end he only gets one lady" Agatha added causally

Maria chuckled while I try not to look amused.

Just as I wolf down the last piece of food the palace clock chimes three times.

"Can you ride" Maria asked almost immediately

"No"

"Then you sit this out"

And so I sat with my ladies on a brick bench watching the other ladies gather at the far end of the field. I had being the only one who couldn't tag along but fine there's noting wrong.

Heck everything felt wrong

"Is he there" I asked nervously

"It's been an hour and they haven't left that particular spot so yes" Agatha provided

"He's probably showing off"she added

Well that's explains all the body movement.

They are probably giggling.

Do I even have the right to be angry after all he's the prince.

My sight was focused on the field but I caught no sight of him. Finally the ladies dispatch and began to walk toward us.

Yeah walk....the horses were only tied to a pole. I wish I had just followed them in the first place.

Now am being desperate.

They soon reached us and their loud chatters showed no hint of prim and proper ladies, just eye plucking and seducing women. some walk past us probably going back to the suite while some sat on the brick chair.

But there was no prince.

"Maybe he left already"Agatha muttered

I met her gaze and gave her a 'really' look, she's been buzzing into my thoughts making me look more desperate than I was already.

"Let's go Bella" Maria spoke.

Even as we walk back to the suite I still looked back hoping he would just pop out and flash me those green eyes of his.