22: The New Normal

Have you ever had a friend turn on you? Just totally transform from someone you thought you knew into someone

Have you ever had a friend turn on you? Just totally transform from someone you thought you knew into someone...else? I'm not talking your boyfriend from nursery school who grows up and gets gawky and ugly and zitty, or your friend from camp whom you've got nothing to say to when she comes to visit you over Christmas break, or even a girl in your clique who suddenly breaks away and turns goth or into one of those granola Outward Bound kids. No. I'm talking about your soul mate. The girl you know everything about. Who knows everything about you. One day she turns around and is a completely different person.

Well, it happens. It happened in Seoul. Presenting "WICKED" the revamped section of MURDER MYSTERY

a week after the party

It was Thursday evening, the autumn weather had been welcomed by the citizens of Seoul as Lisa and Hoseok took a cup of their coffee. This was a new cafe, that opened last month, it had been getting popularity recently for its amazing hot chocolates and coffees. A gush of wind passed by as Lisa asked, "So you got any new messages after the party?"

Hoseok's mouth twitched, how would he tell her that his message had her name in it. He poked his tongue inside his cheek and answered, "Yes, one," 

"What was it about?" she asked, her grip tightening around her cup

Hoseok looked at her, their eyes did the talking, hoping she would understand what he wanted to say, and she did. "Was it personal? Something only Somi knew?" Lisa asked, the last part rather coming out as a shaky whisper

Hoseok's straight face turned into a small sad smile, "Yes, you got one too?" 

Lisa bit her lip as she nodded, "Yes,"

She later continued, her voice shaking, "I can't believe it. They were supposed to be secrets"

"Secrets are meant to be spilled, but not exactly in this way," Hoseok commented, as she gave a small nod, barely visible. 

Then Hoseok noticed her features, she looked beautiful. A warm cashmere coat covering her body, her blonde hair falling on her shoulders, how her fingers traced the outline of her coffee cup, how her hair moved with the wind, everything, but then he noticed her eyes, watering as if she was crying internally. Not knowing what exactly to do, he placed his hand on top of hers, a sign of sympathy, friendship, and care, and he could tell that Lisa appreciated it. 

"We should head home, I have to finish some chores at home," Lisa said, as she finished her coffee and stood up. 

"Should I walk you home?" Hoseok asked, grabbing his own jacket 

"Thanks, Mister Gentleman, but I will walk. It's not far at all," Lisa said, smiling as he returned the smile. 

-----

"Good evening Mrs. Kim," Taehyung said bowing to Jennie's mom as he and Jennie entered her house. Mrs. Kim rather first gave Jennie a glare which Jennie ignored totally. "Good evening," Jennie's mom replied, with no happiness or enthusiasm in her voice. As Taehyung and Jennie walked to her room, Taehyung whispered in her ear, "Why is she so dull, is her blood pressure high?"