8: Reality bites me

[ Taehyung's POV ]

[ Taehyung's POV ]

I was on my bed chatting with the swimming team members when a message came, these days I feel really apprehensive when I check my inbox because of XOXO. I lamented in ease when I noticed it was just from our group chat. It said to meet at Jisoo's house in 20 minutes. Ugh, my body pains because of the intense practice today already, do I really need to go? After rolling on my bed for like 10 mins and questioning my existence, I got up and decided to go. Fixing my messy hair and putting on a warm jacket I walked to Jisoo's house.

Ringing the doorbell, I was greeted by Hoseok, so he is already here, and by hearing the loud noises from upstairs, I guess the others are too.

"Late as always," he smacks my head playfully as I give a sheepish smile

As I greeted Jisoo's mom and her brother I enter her bedroom filled with chaos. Rose and Jennie are busy admiring her closet, Namjoon is talking to her about her book collection, and Jin is pretending that he is interested too, Lisa and Yoongi were playing checkers while Jimin and Jungkook are ranting about how boring geography is. It feels like the good old days when we all just used to stay at someone's apartment and talk about random stuff, the only thing missing is Somi. She used to keep such moments alive.

But now she is gone, and there is no point in remembering that.

We will find out who killed her and get her justice.

"Ayo, Taehyung is here!" Hoseok shouted as he shut the door tight. The others stopped whatever they were doing and gathered around to start the meeting. The girls sat on the bed as we boys took our seats wherever we found comfortable.

"Okay, so why have we kept this meeting? Is it related to Somi or XOXO?" Jennie asked first leaning on the giant pink teddy bear that was kept on Jisoo's bed.

Rose rested her head on the other side of the big plushie as she answered, "Of course Jennie! Why else would we have a meeting at this time then?"

"It better be important, I literally ended my call with Soyeon for this, we haven't been seeing each other for weeks now," Yoongi said as he crossed his arms

Jungkook looked at Rose as she nodded. He cleared his throat before speaking, "Guys we saw XOXO today,"

The others quickly let go of their loose attitude and straightened at the statement. I widened my eyes in shock, XOXO?

"What!? Where? When? What do you mean by we? You and who else? How did he look? Is he familiar?" Namjoon asked in one breath

"Calm down Joon, of course, they will answer them, that's why they are here," Jisoo answered him 

Jungkook's POV

Ignoring their random questions, I spoke "So today I went to Rose's house," but before I could continue I could feel all of them eyeing me and smirking. Seriously? is this the time to think about that stuff?

"Guys it's not what you are thinking," I told them

"When did we say that it is not, come on Jungkook, we believe you," Jimin said in a very assuring tone, even though I was sure that he is being sarcastic.

"Leave this brat, continue," Jisoo ordered as she smacked Jimin's head as he acted as it hurts.

I looked at Rose, signaling her to continue, "We both were just talking when Jungkook saw a black hooded man, staring in my room, or to be exact, both of us. Yes, you may say that it might call it a delusion but he was staring in my room, there was no one else outside and we could feel his or her heavy stare. Moreover, we even received a text after we saw that person, and when we looked back he was gone," she told everyone as they all either widened their eyes or went into deep thoughts. 

"Damn that must be creepy," Lisa said caressing her palm 

"It was," I answered 

"So what are we supposed to do then, sit here and wait for XOXO to message us?" Jennie asked annoyed

"What else we can do?" Namjoon asked

"I do have an idea," Yoongi answered, he sounded unsure.

"Hey listen, let's leave all this aside for a second and chill. Let's keep a pool party at my house," Jennie said sitting on her knees as she hugged the plushie tighter 

"Jennie seriously? A pool party?" Jin hyung asked her with a smug face

"Yeah, I am tired of this drama. I wanna chill for some time, moreover we all our back after like 2 years. Why don't we have at least a bit of fun? Come on, it would be fun. Just 1 day, we can even do the gifts exchange party we used to do!" 

We all looked at each other, considering the idea. It actually sounds good. We all didn't have any fun for long. Moreover, a little fun doesn't hurt. 

"I am up for it," Hoseok said quickly

"So am I," Jisoo answered smiling

"We all are," Lisa said looking at all of us

"Great, so my place, the day after tomorrow, at 6 pm!" Jennie announced as we all nodded. 

[ Taehyung's POV ]

After a few more talks, we all decided to go home. It was 9 pm already, the night was moonless but it had a tender feeling to it. I and Jennie live on the same street and so we decided to walk home together. Things have been awkward between us ever since that kiss, even though we both are sure it didn't mean anything, we both felt cumbersome. She hugged her jacket as she walked, the only sound we could hear was her boots hitting the rocky road. The silence didn't even make us realize that we are already standing in front of her house. 

"Good night," she said but then I stopped her, "Jen"

She looked at me waiting for me to speak more. 

"Do you think we would be able to get our revenge from Somi's murderer?" I asked, even though I wasn't sure if I should ask this

"Yes, we will because revenge is like an appeal, until you don't get it you can neither breathe nor die,"