38: Eyes Of The Beholders

Ever have something really important just up and vanish without a trace? Like that vintage Pucci scarf, you wore to the ninth-grade formal

Ever have something really important just up and vanish without a trace? Like that vintage Pucci scarf, you wore to the ninth-grade formal. It was around your neck the whole night, but when it was time to head home, poof. Gone. Or that gorgeous gold locket your grandmother gave you. Somehow it grew legs and just walked away. But lost things don't just disappear into thin air. They have to be somewhere.

Eleven teens in Seoul have lost very important things too. Things that are much bigger than a scarf or necklace. Like the trust of some people. Some amazing opportunities. Purity. And their best friend. Maybe the universe returned her, safe and sound. But just remember, the world has a way of balancing out: When something is given back, something else must be taken away.

And in Seoul, that could be anything. Credibility. Sanity. Lives.

Kim Jisoo was the first to arrive. She tipped her bike onto the crushed-gravel drive, plopped down under a lavender weeping willow, and ran her fingers through her dress, trying to find some space in the crowd. She was breathing heavily, she didn't believe what she just heard from the gossip aunts in her neighborhood.

Kim Seokjin appeared next. He was wearing the same faded, nondescript jeans and lemon yellow Old Navy tee he'd had on the night before. The clothes were wrinkled now as if he'd slept in them. Jisoo looked at him, signaling him to come near. Things just got worst.

Last night, after the message arrived, they didn't know what to do. They couldn't carry his body around and dig it up secretly, And so they left it there. The eleven couldn't figure out what to do. As if they just wanted to escape.

And, they did a smarter move, they escaped to Jungkook's lake house and spent the rest of the night there. Everyone would think they were out of the scene. And why would anyone even suspect them?

Right now, they stood in front of a warehouse, it lied on the opposite side of SNHS, and was working well. Probably used for stocking stuffers, and much more. Who knows and who cares?

An hour back, a piece of strange news started flying. Everyone spread it, from the 30 years old ladies who kept all the gossips of the city, to the 19 years teenagers who kept updated with the hot snoops. And the eleven of course heard it, a body was found in the warehouse.

Back to the present, the eleven had slowly gathered. The crowd was whispering about their prophecies and predictions, trying to untangle the situation. The eleven slowly found their way to each other. "Whose body is it?" Jennie whispered

Yoongi who stood in the front just signaled that nothing is shown yet.  And then, people gasped, hospital workers got out of the warehouse as a body lied on the stretcher. Ambulances immediately gearing up, while the police cars immediately lined up. A lot of policemen started talking to the medical staff present while some started sealing the warehouse. 

The crowd started to gossip, the eleven slowly started to space out, heading to the tree that stood in a corner. But silence left when a policeman walked up.