BACKGROUND STORY #2

They all sat down on the couch in the VIP room, of course, they didn't drink, they just liked the club music and the way it looked

They all sat down on the couch in the VIP room, of course, they didn't drink, they just liked the club music and the way it looked. It was a nice place for meeting. At least they thought so.

"I am getting really bored. What should we do?" Lisa asked, flopping down on the couch. 

"Let's play Truth or Dare," Somi said

"Um what, we ain't playing that children game," Namjoon said 

"Oh, we are," Somi said. The others had no other choice and thus decided to play. They asked the bartender for an empty bottle as they sat and Jimin spun the bottle, which landed on Somi (ask) and Jisoo (answer)

"I take truth," Jisoo said, not wanting to do a dare with Somi

"Bullshit, you have to take dare, you know I don't accept truth," Somi said with narrow eyes

"Somi, I don't wanna take dare" 

"You have to"

Giving a small eye roll, Jisoo said "fine, dare"

Somi smirked as she gave the dare "Kiss Jin"

Everyone there became shocked as they didn't believe what Somi just dared her. 

"Somi, we are best friends, don't," Jisoo said as she gulped.

"Oh, best friends. Come on,  not like you have a crush on him" Somi said eye-rolling as everyone started to look at each other except Jin who just looked at Jisoo

"Somi, stop," Jisoo said 

"Why? Are you afraid he will reject you?" 

"I SAID FUCKING STOP" Jisoo shouted this time as she slammed her hand 

"Did you just shouted at me?" Somi asked, anger visible in her voice and face

"OH, I DID BECAUSE WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS, NOT YOUR DOLLS OR SOMETHING. EVERYTHING CAN'T GO THE WAY YOU WANT" Jisoo said almost crying out 

"Guys stop" Jennie and Hoseok said together.

"Calm down" Taehyung rubbed Somi's back as Lisa kept her hand on Jisoo's shoulder

"I need to go to the washroom" Somi muttered as the others nodded

30 mins later

Yoongi looked at the others as he spoke "It's been 30 mins. Where in the hell is she?"

Rose spoke up  "I will go check it in there"

"She ain't there. Where did she go?" Rose said, a bit nervous

"Maybe she left" Jennie proposed 

"She was angry, she will be fine soon. She must have gone home" Jungkook added

"Let's all head home as well," Jin said closing the meeting of the day. 

Outside the club, they all separated as Jennie, Taehyung, Jin, Jisoo, and Jimin headed to their home which was on the right while the rest headed to their right. 

 The bluish evening air was still, and there weren't any lights on the streets surprisingly  It was quiet, too—even the crickets were quiet—and they all could hear themselves breathing.  No one of them was in the mood to speak

The next morning, they still hadn't heard from Somi. The girls and boys called one another to talk, an eleven-way call this time instead of twelve.

"Do you think she's mad at us?" Lisa asked. "She seemed weird all night."

"She's probably at Chaeyeon's," Hoseok said. Chaeyeon was one of Somi's friend too, who she met in the mall

"Or maybe she's with Mina—that girl from camp?" Rose offered.

"I'm sure she's somewhere having fun," Jungkook said quietly.

One by one, they got calls from Mrs. Ennik, asking if they'd heard from Somi. At first, the 11 all covered for her. It was the unwritten rule: They'd covered for Jennie when she snuck in after her 11 P.M. weekend curfew; they'd fudged the truth for  Rose when she borrowed Alice, her sister's Ralph Lauren duffel coat and then accidentally left it on the seat of a SEPTA train; and so on. But as each one hung up with Mrs. Ennik, a sour feeling swelled in their stomach. Something felt horribly wrong.

That afternoon, Mrs. Ennik called again, this time in a panic. By that evening, the Enniks had called the police, and the next morning there were cop cars and news vans camped out on the Enniks' normally pristine front lawn. It was a local news channel's wet dream: a pretty rich girl, lost in one of the safest cities in the world

Taehyung called Jennie after watching the first nightly Somi news report. "Did the police interview you today?"

"Yeah," Jennie lightly whispered.

"Me too. You didn't tell them about..." he paused. "About The... Maria & the barn thing did you?"

"No!" Jennie gasped. "Why? Do you think they know something?"

"No...they couldn't," Taehyung whispered after a second. "We're the only ones who know. The eleven of us...and Somi."

The police questioned the eleven—along with practically everybody who knew Somi, from the shop owner who sold her favorite snacks to the guy who was rejected by her 3 years back. It was the break before the tenth grade and the eleven were supposed to be flirting with older boys and girls at pool parties, eating corn on the cob in one another's backyards, and shopping all day at the King James Mall. Instead, they were crying alone or be stuck deep thoughts in their canopied beds or staring blankly at their photo-covered walls... They all just had one thought "where is Somi and what happened to her?" They all just prayed that she can be back.  Slowly, the eleven began calling one another less frequently. The same thoughts haunted all eleven of them, but there wasn't anything left to say to one another.

 The same thoughts haunted all eleven of them, but there wasn't anything left to say to one another