3: Her memorial service

Lisa was the first one to walk into the church, thirty minutes earlier than the time she was given

Lisa was the first one to walk into the church, thirty minutes earlier than the time she was given.  She looked at the casket in which lied her body, a photo of her on its side. She gulped as she looked at it. She tugged uncomfortably at the black, pleated, too-short Gap skirt she'd found in the back of her closet as she gave a sad smile. 

"Lisa"

She turned back to finally see Hoseok, in all black as well. After 2 years, he finally called her out and they finally were meeting, face to face. "Hobi" she mouthed as she was trying her best to control her tears 

"You guys are here"

They both turned to see Namjoon and Yoongi standing at the doorway. As they both walked towards them. The 4 just looked into each other's eyes and then at the casket. 

"It feels so unreal," Jisoo said walking up to them too as they all looked at her. "Oh, you all are here," Jin said joining them in.  Everyone was wanting to say a lot but they didn't know what. 

As the 6 united inside, Jennie was still leaning on her car and crying silently. "Jen" she opened her eyes as she looked to her side, Taehyung was standing there, looking at her, she can see the sadness in his eyes too. "Stop crying," he said lightly, "but you are crying too" Jennie replied back. "Let's go inside," he said as she nodded and followed him

Jimin stood near the church window, looking down at everyone who was entering and was standing outside. "Was she a friend of yours?" he turned to see Soojin standing there. He nodded as he spoke up "she was one of my best friends" he said breaking eye contact. "I am so sorry" she whispered, "thank you", he muttered. "I will see you later, if you don't mind, right now I am a bit, you know," Jimin said, not able to find the right words. "I understand, see you later," she said before leaving. Not much late, Jimin also went inside and saw the 8 friends inside. 

As 9 were already inside, Rose stood behind the church as she cried. She was the most sensitive one. Suddenly, she felt another presence behind her as she turned, to see Jungkook, looking at her. "Chae" he whispered, almost inaudible. She walked to him, still crying. He wiped her tears gently, as she couldn't hold it anymore. She pulled him in a hug which she was needing for a long time. He was taken back, to be honest, but then he hugged her back. That felt better. "Let's go inside Chae, the others maybe already there," he said pulling back before intertwining their hands and walking inside. 

Rose and Jungkook were the last ones to walk in. By that time, almost everyone was there. Mrs. Ennik stood in the doorway, clad in a cowl-neck black dress, heels, and tiny freshwater pearls. She walked up to Rose and Jungkook and engulfed them in a hug.

"Oh, Rose and Jungkook" Mrs. Ennik sobbed.

"I'm so sorry," Rose whispered back, her own eyes watering. Mrs. Ennik still wore the same perfume—Coco Chanel. It instantly brought back all kinds of memories: A million rides to and from the mall in Mrs. Ennik's Infiniti, sneaking into their countryside villa and breaking the vases and so much more

Other kids from SNHS streamed around them, trying to find seats in the high-backed wooden pews. Jungkook hadn't known what to expect at Somi's memorial service. The abbey smelled like incense and wood. Simple cylinder-shaped lamps hung from the ceiling, and the altar was covered with a billion white tulips. Tulips were Somi's favorite flower. Both Rose & Jungkook remembered Somi helped her mom plant rows of them in their front yard every year.

Somi's mom finally stood back and wiped her eyes. "I want you to sit up in the front, with all of Somi's and your friends. Is that okay?

Both Jungkook and Rose nodded as they spoke up "Of course"

They both listened to every click of Ennik's heels as they walked down the aisle. Suddenly it hit them why they were here again. Somi was dead.