Chapter 8: Negotiated

AFTER OUR CLASS, a boring one, I followed Albin

AFTER OUR CLASS, a boring one, I followed Albin. I don't know if he's aware of my presence, but I also know that he's not dumb to notice it. After all, he's the super-smart student in this law school.

I look around and I notice that we are here at the library. There are few students reading thick law books. Most of them are not reading, nor doing their assignments. Are they only here to use the Wi-Fi provided by the school, plus the air conditioner?

Students should appreciate the importance of the school library. It was the heart of the school. As mentioned by Dr. S., the school library offers various services, books, and resources to all the members of the school community, to make them effective users and avid readers and also to make them aware of the importance of a library.

I get irritated when I accidentally bumped my face into a muscular thing. I step backward and I realize that I bumped into Albin's chest.

"Is it hard?" Albin asked in a playful tone.

My eyes widened and I erase my thoughts in my head. I suddenly flash a smile and awkwardly laughed. "Palabiro ka rin pala."

I sighed when he didn't respond to my reply. He continues to walk and all of the students here are looking at Albin, I mean on us.

Other girls are rolling their eyes at me. Kung makairap naman, akala mo maganda.

I can feel the tiredness on my feet. Mukhang walang katapusan ang library na ito. Kanina pa kaming naglalakad. Papunta na ata itong langit.

"Be careful," Albin uttered before stepping to wooden stairs. I look around and there are no students in this area.

I look at the stairs and I quietly counted the stairs, they have six steps. Albin opens a wooden door. He gives me a sign to go up. I follow his instruction.

He held his hand to help me in going up. I grab it, not because I want to, but because I don't want him to feel rejected.

I immediately remove my hand from his hand when I reach the room. The room was classical, huge, and Roman-inspired design. I don't know that this place exists.

"This is our resting place. This place is the best place in the University."

Our resting place?

I get it now. His friends are also going to this secret place. This is their secret hide-out. "I volunteer to help the University by guiding the students on what the right to do."

"That was great," I exclaimed.

"My friends are helping me, sometimes. I can see your potential to guide other students too. You can now use Veles."

My jaw dropped when he stated that. "R-Really?"

He nodded at my question. I let myself smile like an idiot at this moment, but deep inside, I was sarcastically laughing at him. Albin let me dig their life.