Chapter 18: Under the blue hoodie

EVERYONE IS STILL SHOCKED, can't respond to what Prosecutor Enzo mentioned earlier

EVERYONE IS STILL SHOCKED, can't respond to what Prosecutor Enzo mentioned earlier. Prosecutor Enzo already knew that Sic was blackmailed by Mr. Herbert to commit suicide. To find the truth and unfold the lies, I need to stop it now.

Prosecutor Monet massages her right forehead. If she doesn't arrest Mr. Herbert now, they might never get a chance again.

Prosecutor Enzo gives me a guaranteed look that everything will be fine. "We can arrest him as long as we have this," he paused, showing his black small-sized flash drive, "This evidence will prove his crime. It contains all of the grades that he manipulated."

Astonished, Prosecutor Monet looks at me then shifted it to Prosecutor Monet.

Prosecutor Enzo uttered, "Follow what Attorney Ambria will tell you." He started to walk away and gave us a sign to follow him. Without hesitation, I and Prosecutor Monet followed him. We reached the rooftop of the University.

Luckily, Lazarus has another copy of the voice record of Mr. Herbert and President Gilbert. I decided to play it so that Prosecutor Monet and Enzo will hear the conversation.

As soon as the record was finished, Prosecutor Enzo became puzzled, "What was the next?"

I sighed. "If it was recorded longer, we could have been able to hear the next details." I give a glance at Prosecutor Monet and she was startled that cause her to roll her eyes. "It can help to prove the innocence of Sic and Curran," I added.

Prosecutor Monet crossed her arms and replied, "Did you forget? All of the records that are recorded by a third person are not admissible in court." She stared at me sharply before she speaks again, "What are you thinking, Ambria? Did you become a student of Legal High University? You even forge your identity."

By wearing this uniform, this wig, and this new name; Prosecutor Monet will know the truth. I had no other way to investigate the case.

"Please take care of the records that the two of you had. Let's discuss it the other day. I will go now." I nodded to Prosecutor Monet and Prosecutor Enzo followed her way.

Other people who will know about the fabrication of the students' grades were probably initiated by their parents. Haley and the other students followed what their parents tell to them. I have a different opinion about that thing. The students are old enough to know how wrong fabricating their grades is. They should know how those special treatments they have can affect other student's life.

I sighed. I feel sorry for all the students that are eager and turning a blind eye to know the truth. As long as their sins go unpunished, they shamelessly hold their heads high and declare that that's how the world works.

An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind.

All of the people deserve a second chance, as well as these students too. But before that, they have to realize how serious their sins are for them to sincerely repent.