Chapter 29: Allies

PALAKAD-LAKAD ako habang hinihintay ang tao sa loob ng police interrogation room

PALAKAD-LAKAD ako habang hinihintay ang tao sa loob ng police interrogation room. I was with the prosecution team and Enzo was silently laughing at me.

"What? Do you think I'm funny?" I raised my voice.

"Para kang bulate na hindi matali sa kinatatayuan mo," he replied, chuckling.

Ipinirmi ko ang aking katawan sa isang tabi. I was still bothered on what Lazarus said last night. Hindi ko alam kung nagdadrama lang siya o may binabalak siyang gawin.

"He is here," Enzo stated that made me fixed myself and became alerted. Pathologist Fabio Arago came to the interrogation room. His face is a bit dull and it seems that he was anxious. Mukha rin siyang hindi nakatulog nang maayos.

The place is too dark. The only source of light is one bulb that was hanging in the ceiling. We are outside of the interrogation room. They cannot hear what we will say but we can hear what they say.

Pathologist Fabio was the uncle of Lazarus. I hope Lazarus will be okay with this.

"I damaged the crime scene of Mira's case and fabricated Sic's fingerprint and manage to put a trap to Curran. I killed Mr. Herbert too. I fabricated his will and disguised his death as a suicide," Pathologist Fabio narrated.

This is just as I expected. Hindi gagawa nang karudumal dumal si Governor Martin. Iuutos niya ito sa ibang tao. What a monster.

Hindi talaga lahat ng tao ay tao, karamihan sa kanila ay halimaw.

Pathologist Fabio stood up and lean closer to the police that was typing on the laptop. "All this was ordered by someone. I was threatened by Governor Martin. He had me fabricate Mira's case and frame Sic Navaro. It was ordered by him!"

"Do you have any evidence to prove your alibi?" The police beside him gritted his teeth. He was an alliance of Governor Martin? He was a police but he was so unprofessional.

"I recorded my last phone call with Governor Martin."

I smiled when Pathologist Fabio tells the truth. I caught Enzo looking at me that made him immediately smile too.

I felt the vibration in the pocket of my coat. I grab my phone and I read the text message that President Gilbert texted me.

Governor Martin called President Gilbert to get me disbarred. I already have a plan in my head and this is the final show.

I replied to President Gilbert my plan. I requested him to let Governor Martin came to his office. I'm sure that Governor Martin will take the bait.

Wala kaming sinayang na oras ni Enzo. Agad naming inayos ang mga dokumento na kinakailangan mamaya.

Enzo and I both arrived at Polimero's film. I gave a sign to Enzo that I should come first to the office. As soon as I arrive near the office, I find a good spot to hide.