Chapter 17: Her Trap

NAGLAKAD ako papunta sa Legal High University

NAGLAKAD ako papunta sa Legal High University. I stop when I saw Reagan—the accused in the court at the school today. He is sharply staring at me.

I smirked, "Are you afraid that they will know that you are bullying Benedict?"

He was about to punch me in my face but I stop him by holding his wrist, tightly. I saw his Rolex watch. My eyes grew bigger when a scene flashed on my mind.

The person that wears a blue hoodie and wearing a Rolex watch. Ang taong nakausap ni Sic bago siya mahulog sa hospital.

I twist Reagan's wrist and pushed him that made him walk backward.

"Remember that I save you from Benedict. Is this your way on how you will thank me?" I asked, sarcastic. My eyes still stuck on his watch.

"I don't need your help. I can defend myself to that bastard," he replied.

The watch that he is wearing is not from him. Lazarus texted me a while ago that Reagan and his family are suffering from debt. How he can buy an expensive watch?

"Who is the real owner of that watch?"

He frowned at what I asked. "It's mine."

I step forward and explain that I can help him on today's trial. I gave him a choice; if he tells me who is the real owner of that watch, I will help him to lower his sentence. I smirked, "Who is the real owner or I will—"

His answer made me stuck for a while. "Benedict... It was from Benedict," he stated again.

I step forward and look at him, confused. "How did he get that watch? It was expensive and he doesn't have enough money to—"

"I don't know. Sapilitan ko lang itong inagaw sa kaniya."

I came to the courtroom with Reagan. There are lots of students already in the place. My position is to defend the victim. I will play the position of a Prosecutor. On the other side is the accused and the person who will be the defense attorney was Ahkeem.

I was about to get my robe when Elise first get it. She looks at me, mockingly. I didn't expect that she is now the Prosecutor.

The trial started. It was the same as the trial in the courtroom; the only difference is the legal system they have.

Mad and confused—that was my facial expression while listening in the trial. Honestly, I don't know if I'm listening to them. The only thing on my mind is the information that Reagan mentioned to me. How can Sic have that expensive watch when is running out of money? He is working to have extra money.

My presence of mind came back when I heard the judge taps on the gavel. Everyone was waiting for the judge's answer.

"The accused was proven in doing his crime. The penalty for him is to be suspended from the university for a year. He is guilty."