Chapter 21: Friend or Enemy?

I CLOSED the door of the taxi after I give my payment to the driver

I CLOSED the door of the taxi after I give my payment to the driver. I looked around and there is no strange nor suspicious person that was looking at me. The driver waved at me causing me to wave too.

I was about to enter when I saw Lazarus, standing, hiding his laugh. Tumatawa siya dahil sa nakikita niya sa likuran ko. Lazarus startled when he noticed that I'm glaring at him. "Hindi mo naman sinabi na may umiidolo na pala sa iyo," he mocked, still laughing.

I immediately looked at my back. There, I saw the driver taking photos of me and sending it to his text mate or chat mate. I closed my eyes when I remember what was their conversation a while ago.

Enzo is giving me a hard time!

Padabog akong pumasok ng bahay. I sit on the couch, close my eyes, and feel the wind that was coming from the long electric fan beside me.

I feel the presence of Lazarus. "How was the investigation?" I asked while my eyes are still closed. I requested him to investigate Benedict.

"If something happens, I will help you." Because of my curiosity, I open my eyes and confusedly look at him. "That was Albin offered to Benedict every time he was in danger."

"What about Albin?" I asked.

I know Albin was a nice guy. He is possessing a lot of good traits and he is willing to help anyone.

Lazarus sighed. "Benedict is grateful to Albin. If it weren't Albin, Benedict would be still getting bullied by Reagan."

Bigla akong na intriga sa sinabi ni Lazarus. "What do you mean?"

Lazarus continued, "When Reagan is bullying Benedict, Albin told him not to stand it anymore. Albin told him to be brave."

Now I get it. I remembered what Benedict confessed to us before about what Albin told him in the comfort room before he brandished a knife to Reagan and make a scene at the canteen.

"It was strange. Benedict keeps insisting that if he didn't do it, nothing would have changed. He is still get bullied by Reagan. So, he's grateful that Albin is always there for him," he uttered, "Seems like Albin is controlling Benedict, right? Well, I'm not sure."

He's controlling Benedict? I think he's not. I sighed. I don't know. Maybe, Benedict is being emotional because someone is ready to fight for him. Ganoon naman, 'di ba? When someone is on your side, you will put your full trust in them.

That was the case for Benedict. As I stated, I'm not sure.

"By the way, I came to the CCTV'S near the place of Mira and I found this." Lazarus handed me a bond paper. There was a picture of a taxi car and a man. Based on this, it can't recognize the person in the picture. Ang tanging nahagip lamang ng camera ay ang ilang bahagi ng katawan ng lalaki.

"It is useless," I replied, emotionless.

He gave me back again the paper. "Observe carefully. Look at the uniform."