Chapter 13: Ace

I SLAMMED the door when I recalled what happened last week

I SLAMMED the door when I recalled what happened last week. By Prosecutor Enzo's words, I found my credibility as a witness invalid. All the things that I had been claimed as a witness are all invalid in the court.

I'm out of my mind walking on the street. I'm wearing my wig and my fake bangs while I'm wearing my uniform. This is Lazarus' fault. He left this wig at the convenience store a while ago.

I had to stop when I heard a familiar voice, laughing, making fun of something. I easily irritated when I recognize his voice. The damn Prosecutor of the town.

"Good thing I saw you," he held, smiling, "What a perfect timing. I saw you wearing a uniform. It fits you well. Teka, nagpapa-cute ka ba sa akin?"

I rolled my eyes. "Excuse me? Diretsuhin mo nga ako. Why are you looking at me, Enzo?"

He wears again his playful smile while making steps. "Answer my question first, why are you wearing a college uniform?"

We stared at each other's eyes. His playful smiles vanish and now it becomes a serious one. I avoid his stares when I absorb all of what he is talking about. Idiot! Mabubuking ako sa ginagawa ko. Damn, these fake wigs!

I remain in my composure, standing professional at him. "I have a birthday party to attend. Why I'm wearing this? This is the theme of her party."

His playful smile came back again. "Nahihirapan ka pang mag-isip. Sabihin mo lang na nagpapa-cute ka sa akin." My lips parted when he stated that.

Ang kapal ng mukha!

My right eyebrow rises and I flash a smirk, "We're rivals in the court. Kaya huwag na huwag kang umasta na close tayong dalawa."

What the heck with this man? Nakaya niya pang sakyan ang sinabi ko at mukhang nagsasaya siya sa narinig niya. "Well, I miss you being my rival, Attorney."

"What the hell? I'm not guilty of missing a jerk prosecutor like you," I replied, straightforward.

He cleared his throat. He seems rejected. I don't care. He started this cheesy and awkward ambiance. Nakakadiri pa lang lumandi ang isang Prosecutor na katulad niya.

"I'm reviewing the case of my other client and I found out that the case of Mira is also the same case that happened 20 years ago. Katulad na katulad. Ganitong-ganito ang pangyayari."

I don't get this man. Hinding-hindi ko malilimutan ang mga sinabi niya sa korte. Napahiya ako at gusto niyang ipagdiinan na si Curran ang pumatay. Right now, he came at me to tell me that the case of Mira has the same case before. Why he will tell all of this to me? To help me in proving Curran's innocence? No, that's too rubbish. This damn fucker just wants to mock and make fun of how I dumb was.

I rolled my eyes, not interested in what he is talking about, "I don't want to hear about the past. History repeats itself. The thing that we can do is to give its solution."