Chapter 25: Tampered

HINDI NA AKO NAGDALAWANG ISIP na puntahan si Curran

HINDI NA AKO NAGDALAWANG ISIP na puntahan si Curran. I found myself pure shocked when I realized that Curran has a plan when he was arrested and put in jail. All of this was a circus show? To make me dumb or what?

Masisiraan ako ng bait!

I came to the police station to have a talk with Curran. As I expected, he is there, sitting and waiting for someone to come. I guess this was also part of their plan.

When our eyes met, he smirked at me. Mukhang nagsasaya dahil sa mukha kong kanina pang naguguluhan.

I was about to come into the room and slapped his face when someone pulls me away. Inis at takang napatingin ako sa taong humila sa akin.

My irritation vanishes when I see him again. Ngayon ko na lang siya muli nakita mula noon sa hospital. Hindi na siya nagpakita sa akin pamula noon. Now, he came to the prison and seems in rush.

"We need to talk." I was out of words to reply. I found myself following him outside the prison. Why on earth Lazarus came back again and need to talk with me?

Pagkatapos ko kasing iwan siya noon sa hospital, hindi na siya umuwi ng apartment niya. I'm worried about him but I can't contact his phone number. We are friends for so long but I only knew his aunt but it was impossible to reach his aunt.

I wonder where did he stay and why did he come back to his own apartment. It was a mess in the past few weeks that I forgot Lazarus.

Dinala ako ni Lazarus sa malapit na parke kung saan kakaunti lang ang tao. Pinaupo niya muna ako sa bench bago siya tuluyang tumabi sa akin.

I was looking at him. He lost some weight, his hair became long, and his face became serious. Parang ibang tao ang kasama ko ngayon. I miss Lazarus' playful smile.

"How are you? Hindi ka na umuwi ng bahay pagkatapos ng nangyari sa hospital," I stated. He tried to smile and nod at me before answering.

"I need space to think of some things. Maayos naman ako. I rented another apartment, don't worry," he explained that somehow made me feel guilty.

I remember then what Lazarus open up his sad moment when he is completely devastated. The time when we were on the rooftop of his apartment and open up about his closest aunt.

Lazarus can't forget his aunt. His aunt serves as his mother until he reaches high school life.

"Do you remember her?" Lazarus asked while staring at the sky. I knew what he is talking about. It was his aunt.

"Yes, I remember her. She was the best aunt that I know," I replied.

I see his smile, still looking at the sky. "I'm happy that you still remember her. I hope you still remember her clinical malpractice lawsuit when she got a verdict of life imprisonment."

I was close with her aunt because she was a nurse also and when Curran wanted to know what happened during operations. I was eager to have a talk with Lazarus' aunt and later say it to Curran.