Chapter 26: Manipulation

HINDI KO NAGAWANG magpa-alam kay Curran

HINDI KO NAGAWANG magpa-alam kay Curran. I immediately go out when my mind fully understands the text message that Prosecutor Monet sent me. How can Curran know that the judges were allies of the government?

All this time, Curran can see the future through his dreams?

I came to my car and grab my phone before starting the engine of my car. I immediately search for the contact number of Governor Martin. I can let it slide. Dapat na niyang malaman ang tungkol sa kaniyang anak. This is the right time for him to know the true color of his one and only son.

Wala pang isang minuto ay sinagot na agad ni Governor Martin ang aking tawag. His voice is deep and matured but his tone was kind of bored. "Hello? Who's this?"

I cleared my throat and confidently answered, "The best lawyer in time." I heard him sighed on the other line. "The lawyer of the hottest topic defendant in our country," I paused, flashing a smirk, "Unfolding the lies on the case of a girl named Mira."

Seeing him silent, he must remember those moments with Mira. I can't wait to finally witness his reaction when he knows the whole truth.

"Let's discuss the details in person. You will know who is the real killer." That last thing that I uttered before hanging up the phone. I immediately text him the address and my agenda later.

I will tell Governor Martin who killed Mira.

I throw my phone in the backseat of my car. At this moment, I know he reads our conversation and he will be showing up at the place that I chose.

The killer will reveal himself.

Hours have been passed, I found myself in a museum. There is no other person in this place and I can't let myself flash a smile when I saw Governor Martin. He is observing a painting of two persons. Pinasadahan ko iyon ng tingin.

Camouflage.

"Who is the killer? How can you prove it?" It made me excited. Ganito na pala si Governor Martin. Eager to know the truth. Walang paligoy-ligoy.

"It was your beloved son." His eyes went bigger, can't accept what he heard. "It was nonsense. You can't prove—"

I cut him off by raising my right hand. "Installing a spy app on your phone and monitor you. He was using that to look at everything on your phone. He knows that you were seeing Mira. He knew everything."

"Gawa-gawa mo lang iyan," he replied, still calm.

Napa-awang ang bibig ko dahilan para lumakad lakad ako sa paligid. I know it was hard to believe that his son was a monster.

"if you want proof, why don't you see it for yourself?" I stopped walking and seriously stared at him. "If he saw our conversation, he will show up."

Governor Martin didn't blink and made two steps forward. "Don't try to be funny." He still didn't get my point. "Who killed her?"

"Wait for a minute. You will see it for yourself." By that moment, we heard footsteps coming at us. He came. He reveals his own identity.