34. | the wannabe writer

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, REFERENCES TO SEX, AND FLUFF

– ONE WEEK LATER –

"And what colour is the sun going to be?"

Jungkook's hesitant hand hovers over the colourful array of colouring pencils for a few seconds, tongue poking out between his wet lips as he debates which colour to choose. With much thought, he finally decides on the musky orange pencil and tightly grasps it with his little fist, carefully colouring inside the black lines outlining the sun.

Taehyung watches the little with happiness coated across his face, protective arms tightening around his tiny waist. He presses a series of soft kisses down the back of Jungkook's tanned neck, nipping beneath his earlobe and circling patterns on the span of skin stretching across his slim thigh.

"Did you know the sun isn't actually orange or yellow?" Taehyung raises the question, causing the brunette to stop colouring and spin around on Taehyung's lap, listening with interest.

"Really? What colour is it?"

"It's white during the day, but it appears orange and yellow at sunset and sunrise," Taehyung chuckles at Jungkook's confused expression, tucking a curly piece of hair behind his ear. "It's something to do with the light emitted or some shit-"

"Swear." Jungkook warns, lightly flicking the back of Taehyung's head, to which the older boy mumbles a small apology for using explicit language.

With that fact being pushed aside, the brunette remains quiet and glances down at Taehyung's bare arms, wrapped from wrist to bicep in a thick layer of fabric. Taehyung's eyes follow down to his arms, softly smiling at the various little cartoon drawings scattered across the bandage from Jungkook.

"Are you feeling any better?" Jungkook asks with his bottom lip trapped between his bunny teeth, staring up at his boyfriend with starry, brown eyes. "You haven't harmed yourself in a whole week! That-That's incredible, Tae. I'm so proud of you."

"Come here, princess."

Taehyung throws his arms around Jungkook and embraces him as tightly as he can, hiding his face in the crook of the little's neck. Tears rise in his eyes and he blinks them away, trying not to look weak over someone telling him that they are proud of him – and that's all he's ever wanted.

Caressing his back, Jungkook draws gentle shapes against Taehyung's bare back, running his fingers over the ripples of hard muscle and prominent scars that protrude from beneath the skin. The younger boy has always been amazing at comforting people, and this time is no different.

"I'm really proud of you, Tae," Jungkook whispers in his ear, feeling the boy start to tremble beneath his fingertips. He cups Taehyung's rosy cheeks between his hands and wipes away the falling tears, pressing his lips against Taehyung's pink lips for a few seconds. "Stop crying, okay? Jimin doesn't like it and he said you should smile more! Your smile is so pretty."

On instinct, Taehyung's lips curl into a gummy smile and he reminds himself how lucky he is. "You're so adorable, princess."

"I try." Jungkook giggles, knotting his fingers in his boyfriend's blue hair.

The living room falls silent and the couple refuse to break eye contact, flicking down to stare at their lips that are too irresistible. Taehyung slowly leans in, large hand caressing the back of Jungkook's neck, and Jungkook begins to lean in, too.

"The third wheel is back from therapy." Jimin announces as he steps into the apartment, kicking the door close behind him.

As he enters the living room, Jungkook quickly jumps off of Taehyung's lap and sits beside him, cuddling into his side with rosy cheeks. All he wants to do is kiss Taehyung until they're gasping for breath, have Taehyung's large hands run all over his little body, have Taehyung whisper the prettiest things in his ear as he kisses down his neck – but Jimin never fails to make things difficult.