35. | smoke

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, REFERENCES TO SEX, FLUFF, AND TOBACCO USE

– ELEVEN MONTHS LATER –

Eleven months later, and it's just another cold day in November. Snow covers the ground outside, snowmen battle each other in each front garden, kids excitedly run around in the street and engage in snowball fights, and everyone is rather giddy that Christmas is rolling around for another year.

However, for one apartment in Daegu, Jimin and Taehyung sit in utter silence, nerves drenching them from head to toe. Jungkook has been out of the house for three hours, hoping for publishers to agree into contracting him for his new book, and the pair are praying with their fingers tightly crossed that their little princess gets the contract.

"We need to prepare ourselves if he doesn't get the contract." Jimin suddenly pipes up from across the room, and Taehyung is thankful that he's stopped messing around with those pictures on the fireplace.

"Why? Do you not think he's gonna get it?"

"No, not at all! He'll definitely get the contract," Jimin retorts, sounding rather offended. "I'm just saying that we need to come up with a plan because there is the slimmest chance that he won't get signed. I'm thinking outside the box, okay?"

Taehyung rolls his eyes, hiding his head in his hands. "Well, keep your brain in the box and try to be a little more positive."

Before Jimin can spit something equally as rude and sarcastic, the sound of the front door slowly opens and two pairs of eyes land on the figure closing the door, springing up from their spots in excitement. Taehyung flashes the brightest smile and Jimin tries to look like he isn't totally panicking on the inside, but their faces fall flat at Jungkook's monotone expression.

Tears cling to Jungkook's eyelashes and his cheeks are a rosy red, loosely holding the first copy of his book in his right hand. He shrugs his coat off with minimal effort and conceals his threatening smile, trying to look as upset and exhausted as he can.

Taehyung steps forward, reaching out in worry. "You okay, princess? Tell us everything went alright."

"Can't you see his face? He's been crying," Jimin snaps, taking Jungkook into his arms and peppering the top of his head in a shower of soft kisses. "It's alright, princess. What happened?"

Jungkook slightly pulls away from the blonde's chest, deciding that hiding his bunny teeth in his bright smile is too hard. Instead, Jungkook's lips curl into the prettiest smile and his face lights up with happiness, causing his two boyfriends to raise questioning stares.

"I did it! They signed me!" Jungkook beams, showing Jimin the contract with the official signature at the bottom of the page.

Words aren't shared as Jimin and Taehyung embrace Jungkook in the tightest hug they have ever shared. Tears well up in Taehyung's eyes because he's so proud of his little princess, and Jimin's eyes start to grow teary, too.

"We're so proud of you, princess." Jimin exclaims, kissing the brunette's forehead.

"Yeah, what he said," Taehyung says with little interest, snatching the book from Jungkook's hand, ignoring his protests. "I wanna read what you wrote about me! I better have a bigger dick than Jimin."

Jimin playfully rolls his eyes. "Whatever floats your boat."

As Jimin leads Jungkook to the other couch, the blue-haired boy flicks through the hundreds of pages in the erotic book, trying his hardest to find one of their best sex experiences. He lands on chapter eleven and reads it with whole interest, noting that it is the time where Jungkook tried being a camboy.