31. | a happy outcome

CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, DRUG ADDICTION, AND FLUFF

There are always hidden aspects behind different hobbies. For example, if painting is a hobby, it usually costs a lot of money for supplies and takes a lot of work to be recognised; if exercising is a hobby, it usually takes a significant amount of time out of the day and requires a lot of motivation to complete.

However, one thing they don't tell you is the hidden aspects behind drug use. While it can be an exhilarating experience for the individual taking the drugs – an escape from the crumbling reality around them – it destroys the people around, too. It kills two birds with one stone, and Jungkook's starting to realise it.

His shaky hand is clasped around Taehyung's colder hand, lacing their fingers together as Jimin paces around the room, fingernails chewed down to the bone. His eyes are wide, bloodshot, stinging from barely allowing himself the chance to blink, and Jungkook is growing more concerned by the second.

Although he's worried about the anxious boy, the brunette refuses to move from his spot beside the older boy, too afraid of leaving Taehyung while he's unconscious. The blue-haired boy has made no noise or movement since he passed out; he just rests there with the soft rise and fall of his chest, the occasional twitch of his fingers.

"Can we take him to the hospital, hyung? He's not okay here." Jungkook tries asking once again, but he knows he'll be shot down with the same answer that he's heard for the past hour.

Jimin is so insistant on confiding Taehyung to the bed in their cozy apartment, not giving him the opportunity to seek help from a doctor. Jungkook's eyebrows knit together in worry as Jimin halts in his space, crouching down on the other side of the bed, cradling his head in his hands to calm himself down.

"He'll be fine, princess. A doctor would do him no good," Jimin flashes a brave smile, and Jungkook doesn't believe it for a second. "He's just passed out from what he... s-smoked. He'll wake up soon, I'm sure of it."

"But what if he doesn't? We're not doctors – we have no idea what to do if he stops breathing!"

The mention of Taehyung possibly never waking up strikes a sharp nerve inside of Jimin. The blonde's hooded eyes darken in anger, lip curling into a snarl and his gaze sharpening on the shaky figure of Jungkook. He's so worried about losing Taehyung and the thought of it makes him physically sick.

"Don't fucking say that," Jimin growls, sounding angrier by the second. "Tae's been through much worse. He's just... just put too much into his joint, that's all. He'll wake up soon."

Jungkook's lips tumble into a saddened frown, tears bubbling in his starry eyes as he pushes himself away from the spot beside Taehyung. He scurries around the other side of the bed and collapses beside Jimin, throwing his arms around the blonde's frame, muffling a broken cry that leaves his mouth.

Jimin turns to putty in his hold. His arms go limp and his eyes grow tired, resting the side of his head against Jungkook's flat chest as they stare at Taehyung's unconscious body. Jimin tightens his hand around Taehyung's larger hand, reassuringly squeezing.

"We need to have a serious talk with him when he wakes up, you know?" Jungkook presses his lips against the side of Jimin's head.

Jimin sniffles back another batch of tears and sadly nods his head. "I know, princess, I know."

More tears start to fall from Jimin's eyes with no real reason, staining his rosy cheeks with the salty liquid. Jungkook tries to smile as he pulls the blonde onto his lap, taking his face between his trembly hands and wiping away the stray tears with the pad of his thumb.