Electric blue

Travis's POV

We were in the car driving back home in silence and once again it was my mother who broke that silence.

"Sal seems like a nice boy, are you guys friends?"

"Uh it's complicated."

She sighed

"You should try and be his friend, I mean you do complain that you don't have friends to do anything with. Your always stuck in the house to."

"Well true but the only other reason I'm stuck in the house is because of father..."

"I know sweetie...I want to leave him to but if I do, he'll do something horrible to me and you."

"I know mother."

We sat in silence for the rest of the way home.

-At their house-

I walked inside and was greeted to a cold breeze. I walked over to the thermometer and turned up the heat.

I said goodnight to my mom and headed to bed, but I couldn't sleep. Something didn't feel right like I did something wrong or I'm guilty? I'm not exactly sure what this feeling was but I wanted it to leave me alone.

"God damn it Travis, you fell for a boy. Your such a disappointment faggot."

I can't stop my feelings though. You know that old saying? The heart wants what it wants. In this case I knew my heart wanted him but I didn't. What would father think of having a god damn homosexual child? He would beat me dead before I even had the chance to get with Sal.

I sighed in defeat and tried falling asleep again.

Tomorrow is gonna be hell.

-In the morning-

Sal's POV

I woke up to gizmo meowing at me to give him food.

God damn it human wake up and feed me.

I laughed at my imagination for thinking that's what gizmo was saying to me. I got up and got dressed in a plain white Tshirt and black ripped jeans my hair was in a man bun.

I fed gizmo and got some cereal for me. I was eating at the table when my father walked out of his room.

"Hey dad."

"Hey Sal did you read my note I left you on the coffee table?"

"Yeah I did actually. So what were you thinking we do?"

"Well we can go to the mall, They just opened a new clothing store and I think it's time we bought ourselves some nice things."

"sounds fun!"

We finished breakfast and made our way to the mall.

-At the mall-

We walked inside and a instant smell of the food court got my attention, maybe dad would buy me a pretzel or something after shopping.

The first store we went into was hot topic I bought a Sanity falls shirt and a chain cross that hooks onto your jeans, I mean it wasn't exactly for me though. I bought it for Travis as a thank you.

We went around to different shops and bought a lot of stuff. I think we spent the most time in bath and body works though. My dad bought like 15 candles and a lot of hand soap.

"Do we really need that much hand soap?"

"Nope, but it smells nice."

"Can't argue with that, but at the same time I can barely smell it because that store technically broke my nose. There's to many fragrances in there."

My dad just laughed and we kept walking around.

2 hours later.

I checked the time.

-2:00-

Damn we've been here for two hours.

"Dad can we stop at the food court for lunch."

"Sure why not, what are you thinking?"

"Hm how about pretzels?

"Sounds good to me."

-After eating-

"So sal, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it dad?"

"before I say this promise you won't get mad."

"Promise, but remember we are in Public."

"I found a journal on the floor I'm guessing it fell out of your backpack or something and well I kinda went through it but there was a page that caught my eye, it was bookmarked and it was talking about sexuality...Now I don't know if this was your book or not but, is there something you want to tell me Sal, also please know I will love you no matter what."

God damn it I knew I shouldn't write in a journal.

"Well, yes there is something."

....

"I'm pansexual dad."

He just leaned across the table and hugged me.

"It's ok son, I love you no matter what. Please remember that."

I smiled and started tearing up a little.

After that we left the mall and I asked my dad to go by Travis's house so I can give him his gift.

Travis POV

I was eating lunch with my mom when I heard a knock at the door.

"Go and answer it travis please"

I got up and went over to the door and opened it to a boy and his electric blue hair.

Yup that's sal.

"oh hey Sal what's up?"

"well me and my dad went to the mall today and I got you a gift because you were so nice to me yesterday."

He handed me a small box and he nodded at me to open it. I unwrapped it carefully and pulled out a midnight black cross chain.

"It's suppose to hook onto your Jean pockets but you can use it as a key chain,necklace,and whatever else heh"

"Wow thank you I really love it"

Without a second to rethink it I hugged sal.

I could tell he was shocked.

He waved goodbye and I immediately went into my room and put my chain on my side table.

"He's making it hard not to like him...."