Accident

Sal POV

After waving goodbye to Travis I felt relieved. He was back with me.

It was around 1:00 in the morning when I got a phone call. It was from travis's mom.

"Hi Jessica"

"Sal there's no time to explain please drive to the hospital as soon as possible."

"Wait what happened?"

"Just go I promise it'll make sense soon."

I hung up and got dressed. I rushed downstairs to the parking lot but I ran into Todd on my way there.

"Sal? you okay?"

"No time to explain I have to get to the hospital."

"I'll come with"

We ran to my car and as soon as Todd got in the car I started it and raced to the hospital.

-Time skip.-

I parked my car and was about to get out when Todd grabbed my arm.

"Sal you gotta calm down."

"I know but I don't know what happened I was just called to be rushed here."

"I don't know what happened either but I also don't know what we're going to see here and I want you to be as calm as possible."

"Your right."

We got out of the car and Todd wrapped his arm around my shoulder in a comforting matter. We walked in and I saw travis's mom and surprisingly his father was there as well.

His mom walked over to me, it looked like she has been crying for hours.

"Sal I'm so glad your here, this must be your friend I'm assuming?."

"Hello miss I'm Todd I just came with him to comfort him."

"I'm glad. Anyways I know your probably wondering why I called you here. It's Travis."

She stopped for a few seconds before continuing.

"He was driving home from seeing you and, a semi truck came out of nowhere and hit the driver side of the car. He isn't in good condition right now."

I felt my knees get weak and I fell onto the ground. Todd quickly came to my side and kneeled beside me and hugged me.

I started sobbing. I couldn't stop crying,Travis's mom just stood in front of my giving me a look of sorrow.

After about 15 minutes of Todd comforting me and me crying I was able to calm down and we sat in the waiting room.

I could feel travis's father giving me glances every few minutes. I didn't bother to care why. all I wanted was to see the foolish boy I fell in love with. I just wanted him to be safe.

Never in a million years did I think I would be here in a hospital waiting for my bully to come out and be perfectly okay. Never in a million years did I think he would fall in love with a freak like me, But it did happen and this was actually real.

I felt so useless because I couldn't do anything. I couldn't have saved him or talked to him for another 5 minutes so it wouldn't have ever happened.

-Time skip-

It was about 3 in the morning and Todd had fallen asleep in the chair he rested in. I was pacing back and forth and Travis's mom kept silently praying waiting for her sweet boy's return.

"Sal is it?"

I looked up and stopped pacing. Travis's father was right in front of me. He looked guilty,sad,and angry.

"Yes sir that's me."

"Look I didn't really understand the love my son has
for you and all but thank you or whatever."

He was silent for a minute.

"I'm sorry for what I did I suppose?"

"Sir, you shouldn't be apologizing to me. You should apologize to him."

"I know but again, I probably won't have the chance to even speak to him ever again."

I didn't even think about what would happen if he never woke up again...