Hospital stay

Sal's POV

My dad rushed us all to his car. Me and Todd in the back and mrs.Phelps in the front seat.

We drove to the hospital as fast as the speed limit allowed us. I was so nervous but excited to see him again. Travis Phelps yes the Christian homophobic boy I fell in love with. I thought we already have gone through this like 5 or more times.

Anyways we arrived and we rushed up to his hospital room. They allowed 4 visitors at a time but we let Travis's mom go first. She came out another 5 minutes later.

Todd and my dad came along with me. as we opened the door I could see some of the machines were gone and he was sitting up in bed as much as he could.

I ran over to him and hugged him.

"Sal? Todd? And sal's father right?"

Todd waved and my father nodded.

"Oh my god I was so worried about you. How are you feeling."

we all sat in chairs around his bed.

"To be completely honest my head is pounding but the rest of my body feel's numb."

"Any news if your gonna go home soon?"

"I believe in one week."

"Weird last time we were here the doctor said it would be a month and a half."

"Guess their either tired of me or I'm a different breed."

We laughed.

"I'm so glad you guys came to see me."

"couldn't keep my son away from the person he loves."

Travis scoffed playfully. I turned red and flustered, luckily my prosthetic hid that.

"anyways do you remember anything that happened?"

"Vaguely, I remember the light going green and as I started driving forward all the sudden blaring bright lights appeared from the side of me and then boom I passed out."

"Wow that sounds traumatic."

"Eh it's kinda my fault I wasn't suppose to drive yet, I get my license next week."

"Still you didn't deserve that."

We all chatted for another 5 minutes and then Travis asked to speak to me privately. Todd and my dad left the room with the door making a small click noise.

"I'm so sorry I didn't keep talking to you for at least another 5 minutes. This would have never happened."

"It's not your fault Sal, it's mine I shouldn't have been driving."

I hugged him again and started crying.

"It's okay, I'm still alive and thriving."

"You had such a small chance of living...you almost died."

We hugged for a bit but eventually his mom walked in and said it was time to head home.

"I'll see you soon travy."

"Bye sally face."

We walked out of the hospital and I felt so much better seeing that he was okay and alive.

On the way home we stopped and got some ice cream. I have no idea why but I'm glad we got it.

We dropped off Travis's mom and headed towards the apartments.

"So do you guys feel better after seeing Travis okay and alive?"

"Very."

"Ash is asking me if we're heading to school tomorrow. You up for it sal?"

"Yeah I think so. Thank you Todd for staying by my side."

"That's what friends are for."

I smiled softly and started drifting off to sleep.