Awake

Sals POV

After eating me and Todd ended up watching some movies on TV and around 12 we decided to bake stuff. Todd wanted to experiment with some new recipes he found online.

"Todd your not suppose to put the flour with the fucking Water yet."

"First off I'm the one reading the recipe so it goes how I say. Second language, your father probably wouldn't want you cussing so loud."

"Well maybe if your reading the recipe you should read it right 4 eyes."

"Now that's just cruel."

"Oh come on you know I'm joking."

"Yeah yeah come on I wanna finish this cake."

About a hour later we finally finished baking. We made cookies and cake, Even doughnuts.

"You know what, these cookies arent bad their nice and gooey."

He nodded in agreement and I heard my dads door open. When my father walked out he looked tired but still put a smile on his face.

"Oh wow you guys made a lot of sweets."

"Their very delicious I suggest tasting the chocolate chip cookies."

He smiled and went into the kitchen and came out with a cookie.

"So I'm gonna start the lasagna soon since it takes a while to cook and we'll head over there around 5 ish I already let his mother know we'll be coming."

"Sounds good. Is Todd coming?"

"I'll come as long as it's ok with you mr.fisher."

"Travis's mother told me it was alright so I guess it's fine with me."

About 3 hours later it was four-o'clock and Todd went downstairs to get freshened up. I took a shower and got dressed in a white button up and black ripped jeans. I left my hair down. I looked at myself in the mirror.

I touched my scar's. I wasn't planning on showing anyone else any time soon. I put my prosthetic on and sighed.

About 30 minutes later we all headed downstairs and got in my dad's car. We had to pass by the lake to get to Travis's house. I remember going there before with the gang.

-FlashBack-

Larry: "SAL COME ON THE WATER IS FINE!"

Ash,Todd,Larry and the others were all swimming in the lake. It had only been 2 days since the incident with my prosthetic and Larry's nose. Larry accidentally saw my face and I didn't want it to happen again.

I sat on the grassy hill watching them splash each other and play with each other in the water. I wanted to go in but I didn't wanna take off my prosthetic and if I wore it in the water it would be harder to breath and I didn't feel like drowning.

I smiled under my mask. I heard something behind me. I looked and there was a familiar blonde boy.

Travis Phelps.

"Sally face? What are you doing here."

I pointed out to the water and he made a oh sound.

"Why aren't you swimming with them? Aren't they your friends or whatever?"

His face grew a small tint of pink. I've noticed it does that when he's around me.

"Yeah they are I just...I can't take off my prosthetic heh."

"Makes sense.."

"Why are you here? Aren't you suppose to be at church Christian boy?"

"Christian boy seriously?"

I saw a small smile form on his face.

"I just needed to get away you know. It's hard always being around strict people 24/7"

"Oh, well your always welcomed to stay here."

"Yeah right, Larry would kill me im surprised he hasn't spotted me yet."

"True..."

We sat in silence again for about a minute.

"You know it's so weird, your a son of a priest but your not all that bad.."

He took a small metal chain out from underneath his collar and held it gently in his hand.

"Well it was nice talking to you weirdo but I better get going see you at school tomorrow."

"Goodbye Travis."

He smiled at me and waved goodbye.
-Flashback ends-

I smiled at the memory. That day Travis wasn't a jerk for some reason and I'm glad for that. Now I can look back on that memory and know it was happy.

I really missed travis.

-10 minutes later-

We arrived at Travis's house and was greeted by his mother she seemed like she's been crying all day.

His father wasn't home I noticed. she sat us at the table. It was set nicely with porcelain China plates.

We made conversation about cooking and baking and dinner went by successfully. Until His mom got a call.

She reappeared in the room about 5 minutes later and looked so happy like a anvil was lifted off her shoulders.

Travis woke up.

AUTHOR NOTE:
Hey guys thank you all for the support I really appreciate it. I didn't think people were still in the sally face fandom so many people wouldn't read my book but I was wrong :] anyways ily again thank you so much I really appreciate it 💙