Boy in blue

Travis's POV

Sal walked passed me and headed to class.

I fucking hate sal but at the same time I don't? It's very confusing anyways I don't have time for class so I'm just gonna skip.

I went into the bathroom and went in the last stall. I took out my notebook at started writing.

"I know we don't really know each other and you probably have your opinions of me. I thought maybe if I told you how I feel, things could be different. The truth is, I can't stop thinking about you. I'm crazy about you. I think you're amazing! But I know these feelings are wrong. It's not the way a boy should feel. Shame swallows me whole. My father would kill me but I can't live in his shadow forever I just..."

I looked at the page that has these sinful words written in it. I had to dispose of the page before I go home, if my father ever finds this notebook or any proof that it existed I'm dead.

I ripped out the page and went to throw it away.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My tired brown eyes stared back at me. I touched my healing black eye, father gave it to me about 4 day's ago. I forgot to clean the dishes and he got angry at me.

I fucking hate my dad he treats my mother like shit and she doesn't deserve that treatment My mother is the most kind person I've ever met if it weren't for her I would have killed myself by now.

I went back into the stall and started crying. Why am I like this? Why am I such a bully and why do I listen to my abusive father? I just wanna be myself and not be judged for it.

All the sudden the door to the bathroom opened and someone started walking to the area of the sink but there footsteps stopped where the trash would be.

I heard a crumpling noise and someone whisper reading. Shit someone's reading my note!

I cover my mouth to stop any noise from escaping and wait til the person leave's.

"Um hello? Anyone in here?"

God damn it not sal.

I try being quiet.

"Ok then I'm just gonna leave."

I hear the door open and close and I sigh in relief.

"Gotcha. Ok seriously who's in here crying?"

"God damn it your annoying."

"Travis?"

"That's what they call me dumbass."

"Wow rude much."

"What did you expect? Me to just start being nice all the sudden? Dream on faggot."

"No but I thought maybe you would be a little nicer since I'm here making sure your ok, mrs.packerson sent me to go find you."

"Tell her I'm not here."

"I could do that but in return you tell me what's wrong."

"I will say this again, your fucking annoying."

"Jeez man it's that hard to open up?"

"Why do you even care freak?"

"I don't know I guess it's just cause I care?"

"Im just... Im upset ok? Besides it's not even important I'm sure you have better things to do than sit here and listen to my ranting."

"I have time..."

"How do I know I can trust you?"

"Look Travis I don't think your a bad guy I just think you need someone who listens to you."

Travis waited and contemplated what to say next.

"If I tell you you have to promise you won't say anything to anyone and if you do I will murder you myself."

"Deal."

"My father, the priest isn't the nicest of guy's and he's very strict and stern with whatever I do. Recently I've been...questioning some stuff and with him always on my back it's not easy to be myself."

"Is he the reason you have so many bruises and scar's?"

"Yes.."

"And by questioning stuff you mean sexuality?"

"Perhaps but that's none of your business sally face."

"Oh the classic homophobic boy is gay."

"Is that sarcasm?"

"Maybe"

He scoffed.

"Well a promise is a promise so Don't worry about me saying anything. Oh and btw I think I found your note."

He tossed a piece of paper and it hit my head.

"ow thanks I guess freak"

"The only freak I am is in the sheet's."

"Shut the fuck up weirdo"

"Hehe see ya travy."

Travy?

"Bye."

He left.