[32] Epilogue

Songs I listened to while writing this chapter:
-The Reason- Hoobastank
-Use Somebody- Kings Of Leon
-Mean To Me- Brett Eldredge
-Bless The Broken Road- Rascal Flatts

*ONE YEAR LATER*
Sydney

"Sydney.." Brooke trials off and looks up at me with a smile.

"Oh hurry up and just tell me what it says!" I rush and wave my hands in front of my face, trying to calm myself down.

"It's positive!" She squeals and jumps up and down, smiling like an idiot. My stomach turns at those words, and I grow a small smile that slowly starts to sink at the thought of telling Harry.

"Wow." I breathe and sit on the edge of the bed.

"This is so exciting! Aren't you happy?" She sits beside me and places her hand on my shoulder. I take the stick from out of her hand and look at it myself. Sure enough, there is a little '+' sign staring me in the face.

"I'm happy, I am.. It's just that I'm scared of what Harry will say." I trail off with a sigh and look down at the ring on my finger. I will never forget the day he proposed to me, I was so overjoyed that I cried into his shoulder for an hour. It was only last month and I of course thought it was too sudden considering our ages, but of course I couldn't say no. After all, we are both out of school and I'm nineteen now, he's twenty-two, marriage is something we can handle in a year or two. Now, a baby is something we have not even considered yet.

"He will be ecstatic, Sydney, I know he will. I have gotten to know him so well over the past year and I can see that he loves you so much, you're his entire world. For Pete sake your engaged to be married to him! He will be happy about this, I know he will." She smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"Thank you, Brooklyn. But do you really think I'm ready to be a mom? I mean a baby.. I don't know.." I hesitate and place a hand on my stomach. There is life inside of me.

"You'll be great!" She says as the sound of the front door opening sounds throughout the house.

"He's home. " I whisper frantically and throw the test onto her lap out of instinct. She giggles and places it back in my grasp.

"It'll be fine! Go tell him." She urges as we stand up.

"I'll tell him in a bit when he gets settled in." I conclude and stuff the stick inside my underwear drawer.

We walk out of mine and Harry's room together, both of our faces bright with smiles. There he is, stood in the kitchen placing his wallet and sweater on the counter and slipping out of his boots. He looks up and his face lights up when he sees us coming into the room. I walk over to him and embrace him tightly, giving him a kiss on the cheek. Well, what was intended to be a kiss on the cheek was more of a kiss on the jaw. He chuckles lowly and kisses my forehead before stepping back and looking at Brooke.

"Hello, Brooke." He smiles and gives her a quick hug.

"Hi!" She cheers. She really likes Harry, she always talks about how I couldn't have found anyone better for myself.

"What brings you here today? And every other day.." He laughs. It's true, she's here almost everyday when he gets home from work. It's become sort of our normal routine.

"Just visiting, as usual. I'll be on my way now, though. It was good seeing you, goodbye." She waves to the both of us once she is finished putting her shoes on. She opens the door and throws me a wink before leaving.

"How was your day, baby?" Harry asks as he pulls me into him once again.

"Alright. How was work?" I pull away and walk over to the sink to get a glass of water. This house has become my home in the last year, and I love it here now. I moved in about six months after the whole situation that happened.