[16] Eavesdropping

Sydney

"What do you mean you won't let me?" Harry spits menacingly into the phone.

I press my back into the wall around the corner to keep myself out of view, I'd be dead if Harry caught me eavesdropping. I usually wouldn't do this, but this is the first time I've heard Harry talk to anyone other than me and that doctor from a few weeks ago and I'm curious to know what this conversation is about.

"This has been going on for too long! I want this thing ended now, and I swear to god that if you don't end it I will!" He sends a threat to the mystery person on the other line. Who could he possibly be talking to? What could he possibly be talking about?

He's silent for a few minutes before he sighs and runs a hand down his face and through his hair. He seems to have calmed down some and it makes me wonder what the other person said to him.

"Yes, I understand." He sighs quietly. "Okay, bye." He hits end and I quickly walk back into my room, jumping in my bed and pretending to still be asleep.

I relax under the covers, trying to make it as believable as possible that I never woke up. Harry may have been nice this last little while, but I know he wouldn't hesitate to kick my ass if he found out I was listening to the conversation. I hear his heavy footsteps aproach the door to my room and I hold my breath for a split second beforing letting it out as the door slightly ajars. I keep a nutrual look on my face, keeping myself calm as I feel him get closer to me. I feel the soft palm of his hand rest on my cheek, slowly stroking it. He moves a strand of my hair behind my ear, and a soft sigh leaves his lips. I begin to wonder what it is he is doing and thinking about as his hand remains on my face for quite some time.

My eyes twitch slightly as his hand grazes from my cheek down to my neck and continues travelling down in a path to my chest. His fingers graze over my chest and stop at my stomach, tickeling around my belly. I furrow my eyebrows as his hand starts to move again, going even further down. When the tips of his fingers reach the band of my pants, that's when I decide it is time to give up my facade.

I stir slighly, trying to make it look as though I'm just waking up. My eyes flutter open and a fake look of shock crosses over my face as I pretend to just notice Harry standing over me. He retracts his hand, smiling widely down at me before sitting down on the edge of the bed beside me. I move my body away from him more, trying to give him more room to sit and keep more distance between us.

"How did you sleep, babe?" He smiles and places his hand on the middle of my thigh. I look down at his hand that is placed somewhere I do not want it to be. I advert my gaze back to Harry and try to push the thought of his hand out of my mind.

"Alright, I suppose." I shrug. It's harder than I thought to try and keep my cool and pretend that I didn't hear any of his talk.

"You suppose?" He raises his eyebrows and his hand slowly moves up. I try to act like I don't notice and answer his question.

"Yeah, I slept alright, I suppose." I nod and slap his hand away when it reaches to high. He quickly moves his hand and looks at me with a smirk.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it." He shrugs.

"Try harder next time." I roll my eyes and adjust my position.

"Don't get snotty with me, Sydney, you know the rules." He warns and stands up, moving toward the door. "Now get up, you've slept long enough. It's time to do something." He orders before leaving me alone once again.

It's time to do some things? What the hell does he want me to do? I shake my head and stand up, walking to the closet and pulling out the first pair of pants I see. I slip them on before throwing a Hoodie over my head and then I walk out the door. My feet pad across the floor to the living room where Harry is sitting, and I sit down on the couch next to him.