[21] The Beginning of the End

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT HOLIDAY! THIS UPDATE IS MY GIFT TO YOU, ENJOY :)

Sydney

After forty-five minutes of lying there by myself after Harry left, I decide it is probably best to get up and leave the room. I know Harry will follow his word and drag me out himself if I don't. I enter the kitchen and sitting room area and when I don't see him, I assume he is in his bedroom. I let out a huff of annoyance thinking about how he so badly wanted me out of my room to come and be with him when he isn't even where he said he would be. I could still be lying around mopeing if it wasn't for this.

I make my way to his door which is closed tightly as I assumed it would be. I can hear his rough voice speaking to someone and I grow confused once again upon hearing him converse. When I first came hear the only person I ever heard him talking to was me, now almost everyday he seems to speak with someone else. I wonder if they know about me? Most likely not if I am still here.

Harry lets out a few cuss words and his voice is clearly full of anger. What are they talking about? I put my hear uo to the door to get a batter listen and I can't help but try to mentally count all of the times I've done this before. The dor acts as a barrier and blocks me from ease dropping any further. I lift my hand and softly place it on the handle, hoping it isn't locked. I twist it slightly to test my luck and sure enough it turns. My face lights up probably ten shades lighter and a smile grazes my lips as I push the door open as quietly as I can.

From the small crack in the door I can see the back of Harry's body sitting at his computer desk. A laptop is rested in front of him on the falt surface and the FaceTime bubble is open. I can see the littlest buit of the screen from where I am standing and i can make out just enough of the persons face to see it is a male, probably in his late thirtys or early fortys. Is this Harry's dad? Lucky from where I am standing, the camera isnt angled at me so he cannot see me standing here. I wish I had enough courage to run in front of the camera and scream at the man to get me out of here, but I know that would do me no good; Harry would get rid of me before he got here anyway.

I move to back out of the room before I get cought but as I back up, I hit my foot on the side of the door. I let out a groan from the impact and mentally facepalm myself when Harry turns around and looks at me with a surprised and angry expression. My face pales and my blood runs cold when the man looks into my eyes through the camera. The icey glare he gives me is enough to make anyone want to run away and vomit. He looks like a very engraged man and I don't know why but looking at him sends a chill up my spine. I shut the door as quick as I can to break the eye contact and I back away from the door, staying close enough to hear what Harry and him have to say about what just happened.

"She was standing right there! For how long? What did she hear, Harry?" He rasies his voice in obvious anger and my eyebrows furrow at the casual mention of me. He knows?

"I don't know!I would have noticed if she was there for long, I'm sure it is fine." He tries to assure the man in what sounds like panic.

"She better not have heard anything serious because this can't get out! You find out what she knows and if it's anything involving me, do something to stop her big mouth!" He yells.

"She doesn't know anything, Mike, I swear. what she would have heard isn't enough to make anything out of it. I'll talk to her, calm down."

"Make sure, Harold. It wouldn't be a pretty sight if she found anything out." He says harshly before the talking stops.

I freeze as Harry yanks open the door and stops suddenly when he sees me standing there. His face is set in a stern look but his eyes soon soften as he takes in my scared expression. he sighs in what sounds like annoyance and sympathy mixed together as he takes a step closer to me.