[2] Stalked✔

EDITED

Sydney

I quickly look away from the very strange man and back to Brooke. She just finishes her food and looks up at me.

"What's wrong?" She asks with a concerned face.

"Oh, um nothing," I shake my head. I don't want to worry her about it, I don't even know who this man is. Maybe that's actually the real problem. I don't know who he is.

"Oh, ok," she nods, letting it go.

I look back over at the table the man was sat at and sure enough, he is still sitting there looking at me. If he really is staring at me, you would think he'd look away when I look over, but no. I find it awfully weird that everywhere I go, he shows up. This is the second time this weekend, yesterday at the café and again today. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

"Ok seriously, Sydney, what is wrong? You've been sitting here staring off into space for like five minutes," Brooke snaps me out of my thoughts.

"There's a guy over there, he has been staring at me for a really long time now," I quietly say to her. I make sure not to point or anything becasue if I did he would see.

She follows my eyes and turns around to look at him. "Well don't look Brooke, he's looking," I tell her but she already looked. He must realize that I mentioned it to her because he stands up and walks around the corner. Finally, he isn't here to look at me anymore.

"Who was that?" She asks when she turns back around.

"I don't know but he was at the café yesterday and he was staring at me then, too," I tell her.

"Maybe he wasn't even looking at you, I mean he was wearing sunglasses so you couldn't really see his eyes," She makes a good point but what are the odds that he would be there both times looking in my general direction.

"Maybe you're right," I nod. I don't want to freak myself out, and besides, I doubt he is stalking me. That thought alone is ridiculous.

"Lets just go home now," she says and stands up.

We throw our trash away and head through the halls toward the exit. On the way out, I happen to look to the side and leaning against the wall is that guy, his head moving for his eyes to follow us as we walk by. I look away and attempt to walk faster, pulling Brooke along with me.

"Sydney, slow down," Brooke laughs and tugs my arm.

"Hurry up," I whisper sharply. She furrows her eyebrows and continues walking.

We make it to her car and I quickly hop in. When she gets in the car, I hit the lock botton. She looks over at me and giggles. "What is with you?" She giggles agian.

"That guy, he was standing agianst the wall, watching us leave," I tell her. She looks over at me and raises her eyebrows again.

"Stop over reacting Sydney, he was just another guy at the mall, who happened to be looking at you when you looked over," she shrugs.

"What about yesterday at the cafe?" I ask her.

"That had to be a coincidence," she looks over at me quickly before looking back at the road.

"I guess," I sigh. I'm sure it's nothing, why would someone have a reason to watch me like a weirdo?

She pulls into my driveway and I say bye before getting out of her car and walking into my house. I walk into the living room and see my dad sitting there watching tv. I walk into the kitchen and my mom is sitting at the table with a coffee and a newspaper so I sit down with her and she looks up at me.