[15] Crawl Space

Sydney

I'm just about ready to jump down when a voice interrupts me.

"Sydney, can you come out here please?" Harry calls from outside of my door. I freeze in my spot as my heart rate picks up.

I quickly jump down from the window and back onto the floor of my room. I wheel the chair back over to the desk and try to calm my breathing as I walk out the door. I was so close to getting out that time, but I was also so close to getting caught again. I'm silently thanking god that Harry didn't walk in and find me in the window again.

"Yeah?" I enter the kitchen and find Harry trying to turn on the tap water, only for non to come out.

"The sink isn't working for some reason.." He trails off confused. "I tried to tighten the pipes under the cupboard here, but it didn't work." He points to the pipes under the sink.

"So, what am I supposed to do?" I raise my eyebrow and give him a curious look.

"This has happened before, I know what to do." He informs me and stands up straight, turning to face me.

"So, you need me... Because?"

"I need your help." He states.

"Why? How did you fix it before I got here?" I question further, sitting down on a stool.

"I did it myself." He shrugs. "But it's easier if you do it, now that you're here." He finishes and walks toward the door after grabbing a flash light.

"Then where are you going?" I ask as he unlocks the lock and shoves the key in his pocket before putting the lock on the counter then opening the door.

"We are going outside, now come on." He nods his head out the door and waits for me to exit before he comes out behind me.

I stop at the bottom of the steps outside the door and turn to face Harry again. He smiles at me as he grabs my hand and pulls me to the side of the house, where he stops in front of a little door low to the ground leading into the bottom of the house. I look up at him confused as he smirks down at me and let's go of my hand.

"What are we doing out here?" I ask skeptically and look around at my surroundings, taking in the field and the tress on the edges of it.

"You need to turn the water back on." He says shortly and hands me the flash light he had grabbed before we came out.

"How...?" I look down at it and flick it on and off a few times.

"There." He points to the little opening that looks like a doggy door. "You have to crawl under there and flick the switch on the water pipe." He instructs and my eyes widen.

"What? No!" I shout and try to hand him the flash light but he just chuckles and looks at me with a smirk. "How did the switch even flick off in the first place?" I wonder aloud.

"You have to if you want water in the house. And I don't know, squirrels maybe." He shrugs and juts his bottom lip out. I roll my eyes at his response. Squirrels, really?

"Why can't you do it? I don't want to go under there, it's dark and creepy and probably dirty." I panic frantically and try to reason with him. There is no way I am crawling under his house.

"Because I'm too big to fit through there, you're shorter and have a smaller body build." He explains seriously.

"How did you do it last time then?"

"With great difficulty." He mutters. "Now go on." He shoves me closer to the little door.

"It's creepy down there, and there's probably bugs and stuff." I whine and grab onto Harry's arm, begging him not to make me go in there.