[6] Strange✔

EDITED

Sydney

I look at the little clock on the nightstand and see it's 3pm. I've been in this room for two hours now, pretending to sleep. I didn't really want to lay down like I told Harry, I just didn't want to stay out there with him.

I can't stop thinking about all this and I couldn't even fall asleep right now if I tried. I need to get out of here one way or another. I'm getting out of here, away from Harry. I'm going to go back home if it's the last thing I do. I might die trying, but somehow that still sounds better than this. There is no doubt in my mind that Harry would kill me without hesitation, I know he would. He's already hit me more than once and he has made it very clear that he gets angry quickly. He looses patience and he snaps at the smallest of things, hesitation would not be something on his mind if it came down to keeping me here.

I sigh and stand up. I might as well go back out there because it's been awhile and I told Harry I would come out later. He may get mad if I don't go back out and he may come in here and see that I'm not actually sleeping. I can't risk making him angry or upset, he's been too on adage lately.

I open the door and walk down the hallway, my feet making quiet pitter-patter sounds as I go. The hardwood floor is cold on my feet and the leather couch makes it worse when I sit down on the opposite end as Harry.

He looks at me and smiles,"how was your nap?"

"It was good," I lie.

"That's good to hear," he nods his head and turns back to the tv. There is a minimal amount of things to do here, so it's not exactly shocking to find him sitting and staring at it most of the time. I don't know how he survived around here alone before, I would have gone crazy. Maybe that's the reason I'm stuck here with him: he needed company to keep himself sane.

"What are you watching?" I ask him. It's too quiet, even with the tv playing, and the silence between us is deafening.

"It's just some movie," he shrugs and turns it off. "I don't want to watch it anymore, it's rather boring," he tells me as he turns his body to face me.

"Oh." I look around to avoid eye contact. The way his gaze is trained on me is making me feel awfully uncomfortable.

"Let's talk," he surprises my by saying.

"About what?" I ask him, raising my eyebrows.

"I want to know more about you. Tell me about yourself," he smiles and moves closer. I don't like his close proximity but I'm right on the end of the couch so I can't move over unless I stand up completely. Something tells me he wouldn't allow that.

"What do you want to know?" I ask him quietly. I don't feel comfortable telling him about myself but I guess I don't really have much of a choice. I don't need to puss him off anymore than I already have.

"Anything." He shrugs his shoulders. "What's your favourite colour?" He asks me randomly.

"Blue," I laugh lightly.

"How many members are in your family?" He asks me. My face falls, thinking about my parents is makes me sad and I try my hardest to keep my mind off of them.

"I'm an only child. It's only me and my parents," I tell him quietly. His eyes soften, realizing he probably shouldn't have brought it up.

"Oh." He nods and looks down.

"Well, what about you?" I ask him.

"My favourite colour is red and I have a sister, and my mom, I never knew my dad. I don't talk to my family that much anymore though," he tells me and looks back up.